Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 07-09-2018, 09:57 PM   #101
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Missed SS on Throne and Rodimus. Sadness.
T.MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:26 AM   #102
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.MAC View Post
Missed SS on Throne and Rodimus. Sadness.
So, what HAVE you gotten then, instead?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #103
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
So, what HAVE you gotten then, instead?
Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Soundwave.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #104
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus and Soundwave.
How did UM turn out? Mine’s still sitting in his box till I can make room.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #105
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ultra Magnus is beautiful. On par with Soundwave, in my humble opinion. I am surprised he didn't get more kudos like Soundwave did.
Old 07-11-2018, 07:09 PM   #106
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think IA is doing a good job with these pieces, especially the effort to stay true to the source material. We are lucky these are not being designed by Sideshow. Big thanks to IA and probably the limitation on what they have licenses to do so they can focus.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #107
T.MAC
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I think IA is doing a good job with these pieces, especially the effort to stay true to the source material. We are lucky these are not being designed by Sideshow. Big thanks to IA and probably the limitation on what they have licenses to do so they can focus.
I am enjoying my big figures more and more. Soundwave and Ultra Magnus are awesome, Optimus Prime, they veered away with design wise and is not as inspiring, for a lack of a better term. I wish I would have picked up Starscream on the Throne as he was part of that original line up pre-Optimus Prime.

That being said, I like Optimus and look forward to more releases.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:14 PM   #108
Indomitus

Quote:
I am enjoying my big figures more and more. Soundwave and Ultra Magnus are awesome, Optimus Prime, they veered away with design wise and is not as inspiring, for a lack of a better term. I wish I would have picked up Starscream on the Throne as he was part of that original line up pre-Optimus Prime.

That being said, I like Optimus and look forward to more releases.
Interesting. Optimus Prime is my favorite piece of all and I consider one of my grails. His base has the OG trailer with roller AND that gunner pod! The design cues on that piece IS the prime for me. I also have the Prime 1 Optimus and some old school Prime PVC figures which are great but the IA piece is THE Prime.

Rodimus Prime, which is also basically Hot Rod, is the physical representation of all things great about Transformers The Movie and I just had to have this. We will not see this piece again in this size and detail.

Soundwave, Ultra Magnus. and Starscream are all great pieces too but with space and price I just can't have them all and will just enjoy from afar. Galvatron and Cyclonus I hope will make an appearance some day even in the smaller legacy scale and if they do these justice, I will pick them up.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #109
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Indomitus what’s your opinion on the Xm Optimus. I’ve got the P1 displayed and IA still boxed and agree IA is “the” Prime. Ignoring the size of Xm’s any thoughts between the 3?
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 02:35 PM   #110
Indomitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Indomitus what’s your opinion on the Xm Optimus. I’ve got the P1 displayed and IA still boxed and agree IA is “the” Prime. Ignoring the size of Xm’s any thoughts between the 3?
Happy to share my opinion! Let's pull up images of the original and the 3 statues in order of my preference.

Original Prime

IA Prime

IA Prime is Optimus brought to life from the TV screen and comic book pages. All the right elements and only taking a few design liberties. When I see this piece I see my childhood. Just compare this with the Original Prime image. AND they included all the nostalgia parts from the trailer!

P1 Prime

I also have this. A great art piece that pays respect to the original design but is most definitely modernized and to be a considered an artistic take on the character. When you see this it is unmistakable that it is Optimus. But 2nd to IA's design from the perspective of what we saw growing up.

XM Prime

This piece is also unmistakably Optimus and you can see the great efforts taken for the design. I was originally woo'd by this piece from initial images to only later decide it might not be the piece for me but not taking anything away from how great it truly looks. My hold up for this is the jigsaw appearance of the body elements which are more apparent the closer you get. I respect the design, appreciate the intention, and understand the craftsmanship going in, but it takes away from the Prime I grew up and loved. Other than that, it's a great piece and cool that it comes with Prime in truck form. For others, I can see this being a centerpiece but every time I decide to take a second look the back of my mind tells me something is different about this Prime.

Let me know if you pick this piece up and post pictures for us!