Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-16-2014, 07:32 AM   #211
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
Does it affect your decision to get this system? PS4 $450 with no games..or an Xbox one for $500 with a game...I am sure it might change people's minds down the line, when they all know it's a $400 system.
We'll see. Titanfall still does nothing for me (especially since the bundle is just a digital copy of the game) and I still can't stand Kinect.

It might just delay my console purchase until a price drop takes effect
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:44 AM   #212
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Just hold out till they make a slim version. By that time the new consoles will be the norm of game making and be in most peoples homes. As of now game companies are still focused on old gen consoles since a lot of people just can't afford or purchased the new consoles due to lack of games.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:56 AM   #213
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Just hold out till they make a slim version. By that time the new consoles will be the norm of game making and be in most peoples homes. As of now game companies are still focused on old gen consoles since a lot of people just can't afford or purchased the new consoles due to lack of games.
It will take many years for a slim remodel is made.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:39 AM   #214
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I was fully prepared to buy a PS4 when Arkham Knight comes out as an owner of a pair of PS3's. The $50 price increase for Canadians on Sony's part seems bush league as PS3's and Sony products weren't cheaper when the CDN dollar was above par with the US one. The other rumor I read was a $10 increase in the price of games. At this point the XB1 looks to be better value.

I own the original Kinect and despite it's flaws and limitations it is pretty ambitious and slick when it works well. The other benefit is that my kids burned a ton of calories whilst bunkered down this cold winter with the dance games on Kinect.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:14 AM   #215
PureInvasion

i need to find a US buddy to ship the console up North to me. Maybe I'll be able to save some cash that way
Old 03-17-2014, 12:31 PM   #216
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
i need to find a US buddy to ship the console up North to me. Maybe I'll be able to save some cash that way
Amazon.com vs. .ca. Having said that the $50 difference will get eaten entirely by shipping costs imho.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #217
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I act as middle man and I ship stuff all over the world for members. Let me know.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:41 PM   #218
PureInvasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Amazon.com vs. .ca. Having said that the $50 difference will get eaten entirely by shipping costs imho.
probably. I'm just irritated by it

they increase the cost to currency correct overnight with barely an announcement unless you happened to check a gaming site that night.

They also did it at a time when the console basically had non-existent stock on store shelves here in the first place.

They should have a) given a few days notice for the news to spread and b) do it at a time that if a gamer wished they were able to find a console prior to the price hike taking effect

This just sorta screams like a **** move

I can't recall a system ever getting a price raise once the MSRP is set in the area. Sure they might be taking a loss at the present time on the console because of the CDN$, but I really think that's a hit they should take and just recoup the loss with software sales. They were perfectly fine selling the PS3 at a loss for a significant period of time in every territory when it launched so this is a confusing move.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #219
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I feel you Pure Invasion. As you saw in my earlier post I am not at all impressed with the move at all.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #220
Frankierock
Omega Red

I wouldn't mind helping you out Kyle, but I think sending it will basically be the same if not more than if you just got it by you. (if I could get my hands on one to begin with)

Like you said, they should have just made up sales with software. Especially with Infamous and MLB the Show coming out...they could have made some $$$ back with those Exclusives alone.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote