Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 09-17-2016, 12:49 AM   #301
qz33
Doctor Doom

If the PS4 Pro could run past PS4 games way smoother than a reg PS4, even if at no higher resolutions I think it would be completely worth it.

But apparently Pro advantages need some sort of coding in and I don't see many companies going to the trouble. I mean framerate seems easier than visual upgrades as the mechanics of how the game works would basically stay the same but if it isn't automatic and requires resources few companies will want to commit then where's the advantage for the libraries of games people already have?

I'm not sure Sony realizes it's audience for this thing is current owners of the PS4 because they haven't made very compeling reasons to upgrade. Unless the games over the next year really show a huge visual or framerate difference (which I doubt since they won't be pushing it to the max yet) I can't see any reason to get one before a year or more.

They really missed the oppportunity with the UHD Blu-Ray drive and after sales are dismal they will assume hardware upgrades aren't what people want.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:41 AM   #302
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
If the PS4 Pro could run past PS4 games way smoother than a reg PS4, even if at no higher resolutions I think it would be completely worth it.

But apparently Pro advantages need some sort of coding in and I don't see many companies going to the trouble. I mean framerate seems easier than visual upgrades as the mechanics of how the game works would basically stay the same but if it isn't automatic and requires resources few companies will want to commit then where's the advantage for the libraries of games people already have?

I'm not sure Sony realizes it's audience for this thing is current owners of the PS4 because they haven't made very compeling reasons to upgrade. Unless the games over the next year really show a huge visual or framerate difference (which I doubt since they won't be pushing it to the max yet) I can't see any reason to get one before a year or more.

They really missed the oppportunity with the UHD Blu-Ray drive and after sales are dismal they will assume hardware upgrades aren't what people want.
I agree with you on the UHD BR drive. I buy movies, physical movies that I like to have in my hand. I also enjoy the cover art, so I will not buy movies from the PSN, ones that you only stream no less.

Even if Sony does put a UHD BR drive a year later, I doubt I will be getting one since I am picking up a Xbox One S in a month and that has UHD BR drive.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #303
dood
Kindly Asked To Leave

I heard the XBOX One UHD bluray player is pretty gimped.

I have it and a 4K TV ... honestly I'm not big on the whole 4K movie thing. Gaming is totally different. Games like Horizon running on "upscaled 4K" look pretty amazing.

Unless your TV supports HDR and is bigger than 60 inches, theres really no point in 4K blurays. Disney doesn't support it, many studios haven't jumped on the bandwagon. Its still in its infancy and Netflix and other streaming apps are gaining traction over physical media.

I'm looking forward to the PS4 Pro. Last Guardian, and Rise of the Tomb Raider I hear look amazing on the system.
dood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:20 AM   #304
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I for one can't stand 4k movies or TV shows. The picture quality is just way too clean. It just completely loses that cinematic quality. 4K gaming is fantastic so I will definitely be using my 4k HDTV for gaming, but when it comes to watching movies or tv shows I am definitely sticking with 1080p. I just hope the companies don't stop making 1080p sets. I already own a backup Pioneer Kuro for the day my Kuro stops working, but I would definitely go out and buy at least 1 or 2 more back up sets if the companies planned to stop making 1080p sets. 4k picture quality reminds me of high end home video camera's. Definitely not what I am looking for when it comes to watching movies and TV shows.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:14 PM   #305
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

I'm not into the whole 4K thing, I'd rather they spend the extra graphical resources on post processing and making the games look more realistic rather than making them at a resolution you can only appreciate when sat 1ft in front of your screen.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:27 PM   #306
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I for one can't stand 4k movies or TV shows. The picture quality is just way too clean. It just completely loses that cinematic quality. 4K gaming is fantastic so I will definitely be using my 4k HDTV for gaming, but when it comes to watching movies or tv shows I am definitely sticking with 1080p. I just hope the companies don't stop making 1080p sets. I already own a backup Pioneer Kuro for the day my Kuro stops working, but I would definitely go out and buy at least 1 or 2 more back up sets if the companies planned to stop making 1080p sets. 4k picture quality reminds me of high end home video camera's. Definitely not what I am looking for when it comes to watching movies and TV shows.
Yeah... my 65" 1080p Toshiba DLP still looks great and it's about 10 years old.

I just dont have the desire to upgrade right now.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #307
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I think we have reached the threshold,noone wants to watch a movie as if they were standing on set.The TV companies are aware of this and I beleive they will offer downgrade options on the TV itself aka Movie mode.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:31 PM   #308
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood View Post
I heard the XBOX One UHD bluray player is pretty gimped.

I have it and a 4K TV ... honestly I'm not big on the whole 4K movie thing. Gaming is totally different. Games like Horizon running on "upscaled 4K" look pretty amazing.

Unless your TV supports HDR and is bigger than 60 inches, theres really no point in 4K blurays. Disney doesn't support it, many studios haven't jumped on the bandwagon. Its still in its infancy and Netflix and other streaming apps are gaining traction over physical media.

I'm looking forward to the PS4 Pro. Last Guardian, and Rise of the Tomb Raider I hear look amazing on the system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwI6-jKlsO0
Old 10-19-2016, 06:25 PM   #309
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Was just watching that on my iphone, and it looks visually amazing but TBH, I think it's all too crisp and sparkly for me.

I have to say I really like the grittier, duller visuals in games like the first Killzone or Gears of War. Made you feel like you were down in the mud with them
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 09:30 PM   #310
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
Was just watching that on my iphone, and it looks visually amazing but TBH, I think it's all too crisp and sparkly for me.

I have to say I really like the grittier, duller visuals in games like the first Killzone or Gears of War. Made you feel like you were down in the mud with them
Just wear some dirty glasses.