Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

View Poll Results: Which Anime/ Manga would you hope XM Studios to acquire?
Dragonball (any series) 21 27.63%
Attack on Titan 4 5.26%
Evangelion 8 10.53%
One Piece 8 10.53%
Ninja Scroll 10 13.16%
Other 25 32.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2015, 05:18 AM   #71
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
I never collected those statues. I committed to Sideshow's "one license" X-Men that started with promise before nosediving. So there's peril in either scenario if proper attention isn't given.

As long as those video game statues were well-made, then I don't think they were "doomed" but rather accomplished their goal - to allow gamers to display a string of statues that mark their favorite games.
Fact is that videogames are not like comics. A gamer has his own bunch of favourite games that may or may not be broad, while a comics reader is much more likely to read almost every character out there.
People interested in Blizzard games may very easily not give a damn about Uncharted or Halo. Sideshow had huge opportunities and threw them in the trash.

Just think they could easily have done every Diablo class after the Barbarian, or other Warcraft characters other than Arthas, hell they have yet to put out Kerrigan. Thanks God now Blizzard has gone DIY with their license.
Same for Halo, people still cry at night for Cortana.
Isaac Clarke? A trainwreck, had it and sold it, that statue is just so badly painted.
Mass Effect Shepard? Another ugly piece that doomed any chance of building the team (which now Gaming Heads is doing an selling well).
I understand that Sideshow's X Men line is subpar but the fact that Sideshow screwed on a whole line doesn't mean that now XM should pick random characters here and there just to cover more licenses, that's what I'm saying.

Quote:
Remember, the thread's purpose was about which anime you "hope" would be picked up. Not which anime made sense financially. So a lot of us are speaking as fans of their respective series.
Then, it's pretty much pointless. I mean, ok, it's nice to share what everyone likes most, but there's even a poll. What's the purpose? Threads like this are supposed to be helpful for XM to understand which license is "hotter", not which one each user likes the most.
Reminds me of PCS 1:3 thread, where basically everyone came up with everything in their mind they'd like to see in statue form. Let's not forget that people are then supposed to spend 500$ on these things.
It's just a reminder, threads like these are useful and interesting, but they don't have to become an endless stream of wishful thinking.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:49 AM   #72
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Hmm glad you guys like these but i find NO INTEREST in any of these kind of statues but more power to anyone interested! Id rather XM get licenses from DC and Star Wars, Predator/ Alien license before any thing like this ;|

Sarah JOE
I'm with you on this Sarah....no interest in Anime at all. The only license I want desperately is Transformers G1 (not movie crap).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 06:44 AM   #73
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
Fact is that videogames are not like comics. A gamer has his own bunch of favourite games that may or may not be broad, while a comics reader is much more likely to read almost every character out there.
People interested in Blizzard games may very easily not give a damn about Uncharted or Halo. Sideshow had huge opportunities and threw them in the trash.

Just think they could easily have done every Diablo class after the Barbarian, or other Warcraft characters other than Arthas, hell they have yet to put out Kerrigan. Thanks God now Blizzard has gone DIY with their license.
Same for Halo, people still cry at night for Cortana.
Isaac Clarke? A trainwreck, had it and sold it, that statue is just so badly painted.
Mass Effect Shepard? Another ugly piece that doomed any chance of building the team (which now Gaming Heads is doing an selling well).
I understand that Sideshow's X Men line is subpar but the fact that Sideshow screwed on a whole line doesn't mean that now XM should pick random characters here and there just to cover more licenses, that's what I'm saying.

Then, it's pretty much pointless. I mean, ok, it's nice to share what everyone likes most, but there's even a poll. What's the purpose? Threads like this are supposed to be helpful for XM to understand which license is "hotter", not which one each user likes the most.
Reminds me of PCS 1:3 thread, where basically everyone came up with everything in their mind they'd like to see in statue form. Let's not forget that people are then supposed to spend 500$ on these things.
It's just a reminder, threads like these are useful and interesting, but they don't have to become an endless stream of wishful thinking.
You ever type a rebuttal and half-way through realize it will just lead to 4-5 more tiring retreads? Let's just agree to disagree, Mule.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 09:27 AM   #74
Awesome
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Dragonball z, goku in orange gi with 4 switchout heads to start the line.
Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 11:32 AM   #75
deadeyes702
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Cowboy Bebop
Robotech
Voltron
Trinity Blood
deadeyes702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 05:05 PM   #76
jasong888
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

all of them
jasong888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #77
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

NINJA SCROLL HANDS DOWN.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #78
KELPIE
New Republic

Studio Ghibli
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote