Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #1
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Could XM revive Tron Legacy line?

Since XM can work with Marvel and has access to Disney, could they possibly revive the Tron Legacy line? I liked the Rinzler from SS but no other statues ever came of that series. They still have CLU, Flynns, Quora () and Gem () to go. Of course, I really want a good Quora and Gem with the sort of glow in the dark lines on their outfits. That would be pretty killer.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:42 PM   #2
AC_808
Hercules

I'd bet money they could!

I'd like Gem and the other two ladys in white. And their portrait needs to be of very accurate likeness!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #3
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Honestly, I don't think it was Sideshow's fault but Disney. And if Sideshow couldn't finish the line back then I don't think that XM would get the chance to do it now. Even if it was just one statue of Quorra.

What I think happened was the movie wasn't as successful as expected. Someone (Sideshow or Disney who knows) thought to sell Rinzler first and he didn't move quickly either. The whole thing got shut down. Hot Toys didn't get to release a Quorra either. Although I don't think their female sculpts back then were close to what they are now.

But yes I would be all for an XM Studios Quorra. I'm just not going to get my hopes up at all.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

The movie wasn't succesful enough for sideshow to commit to the licensing cost Disney would want. I'm sure Disney has all sorts of Marketing research to justify that decision.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #5
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I just don't see shelling out 800 for any of the characters..but that may just be me.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 08:11 PM   #6
TheStig88
The X-Men

I doubt it's just you, unfortunately. I'd like a Quorra and Gem but I certainly wouldn't pay XM prices for them. Just doesn't seem like a lucrative enough property for XM to devote the time and effort to unfortunately. Original TRON maybe, but not Legacy.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.
TheStig88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:28 PM   #7
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
The movie wasn't succesful enough for sideshow to commit to the licensing cost Disney would want. I'm sure Disney has all sorts of Marketing research to justify that decision.
This wasn't good enough movie the line at ss is dead in the water! Plus i would never shell $1,000 for one trip statue!!

Only way I'm going to do this is for die hard characters I'm in love with and also every XM-STUDIOS STAR WARS pieces I can get my hands on! Because I wrote Xm and they wrote me back stating that they will explain the star wars license here very soon so they must of got it from Disney which of that is the case I'm 100% done with Sideshow from most part and will get every star wars pieces they announce!

Sideshow is just starting to do SW justice, now Xm needs to compete! I feel the force I'd strong with Xm! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

SJ
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #8
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
But Sideshow did commit. They committed to releasing four pieces. Marketed the line in a few videos. Released 300 or so units of Rinzler. A character I'm sure they thought many liked. I didn't. Tested which scale prototype lightcycle before deciding on I believe 1/4 scale. Showed the prototype which looked finished of the disc and baton props. And there were rough sketches of Quorra.

And research can justify doing or not doing many things. Disney research made all sorts of mistakes with TRON Legacy. If you look at everything they did to sell the movie, it was like it was the next big thing. Like a Pirates of the Caribbean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig88 View Post
Original TRON maybe, but not Legacy.
I would love an original TRON statue. Both of the ones I've seen have problems. There was a big Disney one that was the wrong color. And the Electric Tiki one I believe. I liked the design on it. But on both the likeness wasn't there.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #9
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
This wasn't good enough movie the line at ss is dead in the water! Plus i would never shell $1,000 for one trip statue!!

Only way I'm going to do this is for die hard characters I'm in love with and also every XM-STUDIOS STAR WARS pieces I can get my hands on! Because I wrote Xm and they wrote me back stating that they will explain the star wars license here very soon so they must of got it from Disney which of that is the case I'm 100% done with Sideshow from most part and will get every star wars pieces they announce!

Sideshow is just starting to do SW justice, now Xm needs to compete! I feel the force I'd strong with Xm! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

SJ
I had to glance at my calendar and make sure it wasn't April 1st......

I am going to be so poor.......
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #10
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

I'd be skeptical of any models they used until I see it for myself. I've seem too many bs marketing studies in my time to just assume they know exactly what they are doing. Anecdotally, the sucker punch movie tanked but the statues are pretty sought after these days. If XM made a good Quora and Gem to open up with, I bet it could do well. Also, keep n mind this hobby is also pretty big in China and Japan so don't limit the market base to US only.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote