Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #11
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

yeah I really like the modern look!
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:28 PM   #12
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TethMau74 View Post
I'm in the the minority I suppose cause I actually like the modern looks XM is doing on statues like Archangel, Daredevil and others. I understand the desire for comic exactness but a change here and there is refreshing. The realistic spin XM is putting on the costumes is just another feature that sets them apart from other companies.
i with you bro, I LOVE their style

this looks sick as hell, one of my most wanted characters - please make an angel of death in 1:4 scale xm!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:48 PM   #13
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

What I like about XM's approach is the designs are inbetween the comic look and a movie concept art look.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:52 PM   #14
archangel_metal
Birdman

I'm with you bro Sonic, Archangel 1:4 scale with Death mask COH would be killer...

I'll pray with you
archangel_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:10 PM   #15
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
I'm in the the minority I suppose cause I actually like the modern looks XM is doing on statues like Archangel, Daredevil and others. I understand the desire for comic exactness but a change here and there is refreshing. The realistic spin XM is putting on the costumes is just another feature that sets them apart from other companies.
keep it up XM this looks sick!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #16
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I feel the same way you do, it's very refreshing to see more realistic outfits and colors. And it defiantly separates them from companies like Bowen..

I've never been a fan of spandex so XM more realistic take on the costumes is perfect...

With that said, in this instance you could ditch the buckles on this statue and the outfit would still look killer... to be honest I'm not sure what the buckles are for, they don't seem to have any purpose, where as the buckles on the other XM statues makes more sense..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #17
hunnipot85
Blue Falcon

He looks great, but I hope this doesn't mean we can't get a classic angel in his blue suit.
hunnipot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 03:44 PM   #18
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Same mindset for me. Keep doing what you're doing XM!
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #19
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
... to be honest I'm not sure what the buckles are for, they don't seem to have any purpose, where as the buckles on the other XM statues makes more sense..
That's how I feel as well, seems like they just stuck a dozen buckles on there for the sake of it.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:46 PM   #20
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

I really think he would look better if his colours were more vibrant, maybe make his face more of a lighter Blue as well to differentiate from his suit.

I'm being extra picky with Archangel because he's one of my favorite X-men characters.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote