Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 11-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #701
Vallos
Jubilee

The gypsy version edition size is set at 40!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #702
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

This is a real shame, it's a very lazy 'special edition' and not something I would purchase. The weathered effects are simply "ok".....where as the blood effects are very amature and unrealistically applied. For me personally, there is the aesthetic disapproval of having such a nice statue coated with blood splatter, but that's a personal opinion of course.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #703
3stun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wow, looks like we are going to have a variant version of a variant version. Ultra special and strictly limited, I guess.

That brings the total amount of Ritual statues to 4... I guess Yamato are following the route of Sideshow's Baroness with this one. Is she really so popular? Perhaps it would be a better idea to revise some other cool statues, like Black Tinkerbell in 1/4 scale, for example? That one sold out faster than Ritual, if I am not mistaken.

P.S. I foresee some "white edition" of Luz Malefic and "damaged ver." of Lilith released in the future.
That will make 3 versions for each of them: a "regular" version, a "damaged" version and "alternative colour (black/white)" version.
3stun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:45 PM   #704
blueyell

I agree with producing a Black Tinkerbell in 1/4 scale. I would buy that.
blueyell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:17 PM   #705
Vallos
Jubilee

Black Tinkerbell in 1:4 scale? Hell Yeah!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:33 AM   #706
Sithlord32
New Republic

I have a few Royo prints and i think the white ritual really pops its pretty sexy and amazing. That variant and the other both capture his work well the variant of the variant maybe more so in richness of the colors and style used in the print BUT i dont think this variant version works in 3D. My $.02

This is the one that i think really stands out
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:34 AM   #707
3stun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
This is the one that i think really stands out
Hi Sith, this is a really great photo of Ritual.
But it is depicting the 1/6 PVC version, not the 1/4 resin one, isn't it? The skin color of the PVC version is a bit darker and tanned, while the resin version is more white and pale. Do you like the PVC version more?

BTW here is a russian review with some cool photos of the PVC Ritual.

Old 01-03-2014, 08:46 AM   #708
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stun View Post
Hi Sith, this is a really great photo of Ritual.
But it is depicting the 1/6 PVC version, not the 1/4 resin one, isn't it? The skin color of the PVC version is a bit darker and tanned, while the resin version is more white and pale. Do you like the PVC version more?
I hope this isnt too confusing and maybe its not really a definitive answer to your question but here is my take.

Size: For this sculpt I don't have a preference in size really but the 1:6 scale is what i lean twords just because it will more accurately go with other statues I have.

Resin vs PVC: I prefer resin/polystone over PVC 95% of the time. I like the cast off feature of the PVC and the more translucency of the clothing. Its a feature akin to Royos art as collective.

Colors: I dont have a preference in the skin tone I like both equally. I do not like gold so i do like the silver accents of the PVC vs the resin. I like the more silvery sheen look of the PVC with the hair but if the 1:4 blonde hair had more highlights and sheen id probably go with that over the silver hair.

all in all they both have something i do and dont like which is why i still do not own one i never made up my mind!!!! Hope that helps answer your question
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:53 AM   #709
3stun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
I hope this isnt too confusing and maybe its not really a definitive answer to your question but here is my take.

Size: For this sculpt I don't have a preference in size really but the 1:6 scale is what i lean twords just because it will more accurately go with other statues I have.

Resin vs PVC: I prefer resin/polystone over PVC 95% of the time. I like the cast off feature of the PVC and the more translucency of the clothing. Its a feature akin to Royos art as collective.

Colors: I dont have a preference in the skin tone I like both equally. I do not like gold so i do like the silver accents of the PVC vs the resin. I like the more silvery sheen look of the PVC with the hair but if the 1:4 blonde hair had more highlights and sheen id probably go with that over the silver hair.

all in all they both have something i do and dont like which is why i still do not own one i never made up my mind!!!! Hope that helps answer your question
I absolutely agree that size aside, there is no clear winner between the smaller and the bigger version. Actually, the PVC version wins in "price-performance" due to its modest price, you can still get an unopened one for under $100 without any problem. Combine that with the fact that Ritual is one of the most realistic-looking female 1/6 figures, and you see why the resin version released afterwards was selling not-so-well (still available for order from Yamato directly). I believe Yamato learned their lesson and we are probably not going to see Luz or Lilith in 1/6 scale. If you want to display these cool girls together, you have no other option but to go with the resin version of Ritual. Just MHO.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:08 PM   #710
ukshaun
Hercules

1/6 or 1/4, Resin or PVC.. This is one statue I want. Reading the comments here, I don't know. One question is, why make one out of Resin and the other out of PVC ? - it is the 1/4 statue I want, although the 1/6 statue looks kinda coll too with it's darker skin, and more purple like hair.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote