Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 PM   #161
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Unfortunately, yes.
Brother, i seriously hope you were able to get the money back you paid for the license. This is disheartening, but understandable from PCS standpoint.

This is always the biggest fear in starting a new license with just a moderate fan base. I sure as hell hope the MK line isn't suffering the same thing right now. I know the Scorpion did not sell as well as it should, and I can attribute a small amount of that to poor packaging and tons of breakage.

See this is what scares me about MOTU (even though its much more popular than Thundercats), a lot of people say they are on board, then the tune changes once they start to hit. Jerry have you ever thought of the possibility of doing T-Cats in a smaller scale 1/5? I would think it would cost a little less (even $30 makes a huge difference) to the consumer and for PCS to produce.

Hey, everything can't and will not be as popular as we expect sometimes. Im saddened by this news, but I guess its live and learn. It didn't work out well for HH and now PCS has cancelled the line, so apparently, TC isn't as popular in the statue market as was believed.

Shame to all the T-Cats fans who purchased these nicely done statues. I hate incomplete lines!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #162
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
Jerry,

I would blame Sideshow on this one. With the institution of the NRD and posting the infamous TBD edition size customers are now waiting to order.

I would not bail on this line or offer it on your site. I'm sure with the release of Tygra more customers will be ordering.

I know this is a huge gamble to produce without presold units but you are giving up on a truly important line.
I think the market has dictated this situation Blacksunn. I don't think SS has anything to do with it. Every company that has products being distributed by SS has NRD.

Don't place the scapegoat on SS when even HH didn't sell well.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #163
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Brother, i seriously hope you were able to get the money back you paid for the license. This is disheartening, but understandable from PCS standpoint.

This is always the biggest fear in starting a new license with just a moderate fan base. I sure as hell hope the MK line isn't suffering the same thing right now. I know the Scorpion did not sell as well as it should, and I can attribute a small amount of that to poor packaging and tons of breakage.

See this is what scares me about MOTU (even though its much more popular than Thundercats), a lot of people say they are on board, then the tune changes once they start to hit. Jerry have you ever thought of the possibility of doing T-Cats in a smaller scale 1/5? I would think it would cost a little less (even $30 makes a huge difference) to the consumer and for PCS to produce.

Hey, everything can't and will not be as popular as we expect sometimes. Im saddened by this news, but I guess its live and learn. It didn't work out well for HH and now PCS has cancelled the line, so apparently, TC isn't as popular in the statue market as was believed.

Shame to all the T-Cats fans who purchased these nicely done statues. I hate incomplete lines!
If our deal wasnt up in 6 months Id regroup and try to sell them direct through me. I only have to sell half as many if Im selling directly.

However, the deal is up soon and I cant afford to write another giant check on the *hopes* that it works out. Just far too risky.

I think you are right in that the market spoke and most TCats fans really only want Lion-O and Mumm-Ra. To most that is as complete a line as they need.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #164
FreakyFace
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I was going to order Tygra, but was waitng for the low quantity alert. I got both Mumm-Ra n Lion-O, both are awesome statues. Sad to see this line go.
FreakyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #165
Pryde
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

*sigh*
Very disappointed, but I hope some where down the line, a miracle would happen.

I love how I'm able to collect on all my favorite child hood memories. TMNT statues were awesome, Thudercats, He-Man, Voltron, and Transformers were the best shows when I was growing up. To be able to collect these statues, was a great reminder of my childhood, but alas, all good things must come to an end. I hope things will work out some how or some way.......=(
Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #166
cgdc
The Herculoids

sadness. Tygra was my favorite. I thought that I'd at least get him.
cgdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #167
jlipps
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Panthro I need a Panthro :-(
jlipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #168
Pryde
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlipps View Post
Panthro I need a Panthro :-(
You and me bro, you and me....
Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #169
Gorolives
Kindly Asked To Leave

I still think its a good idea offering them thru ur site only.
Gorolives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #170
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorolives View Post
I still think its a good idea offering them thru ur site only.
you must've missed the point about the license being up very soon, doesn't make any sense to spend all the cash to renew a line that you unfortunatly know isn't selling well
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote