Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 04-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #11
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Cam, that's a monster haul! Great seeing you again at the show and visiting! As always you got some out of this world pieces!
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #12
Magneto
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Wow, that´s some fantastic pieces! Congrats!
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #13
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I need a Cho.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:01 PM   #14
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Epic haul indeed!

That Emma is my fave of all I've seen in the Frank Cho humor department. Also like he went with the pants look bc it's a change of pace....your choice or his?

Congrats Cameron!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #15
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiee View Post
Cam, that's a monster haul! Great seeing you again at the show and visiting! As always you got some out of this world pieces!
Great Hangin with you at the show, Byron. Although my haul was impressive, yours puts mine to shame….can't wait to see em posted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Epic haul indeed!

That Emma is my fave of all I've seen in the Frank Cho humor department. Also like he went with the pants look bc it's a change of pace....your choice or his?

Congrats Cameron!
Thanks Demona, It was all Frank. I just gave him a couple character choices and he chose Emma. When I went to pick up the piece, he hadn't added any word balloons, afraid that I might be offended by it. I just laughed and said I'd be offended if you didn't add them, haha. Frank's commissions are all on 14X21 so its hard to get a nice scan of the piece (or in this case, a decent picture). The piece really is stunning in person.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 AM   #16
Punisher1919
Death is hereditary.

Con Run-Down

This was my 3rd ECCC and my second with a VIP pass. Its definitely worth it. The con was huge again this year with a 2nd floor added for artists and exhibitors. Despite its jammed aisles and insane amounts of people, it really is ran very efficiently. I can't say enough about the organizers and volunteers, just an enjoyable con all-round.

Even though it seemed like a ton of Artists had their lists fill up very quickly, almost every collector I talked to pulled in some epic pieces.

I set up pieces with Klaus, Robinson, Templesmith, Robbi, Shalvey, and Schibi pre-show.

For the Klaus piece, Jason from ES told me it was ready once i saw him on Friday. I was perusing through some old Romita punisher pages that Klaus had inked, and Jason opens up this portfolio to what I thought was an unused Punisher cover….turned out it was my commission. I couldn't believe it. This piece alone made my trip to Seattle worth it. What a class act Klaus is and as always Jason S is the man. I also upgraded my Robinson piece from inked to a painting and I'm very glad I did. The MJ is incredible and the scan really doesn't do it justice, its just gorgeous!

My good buddy, Carlos (carlito1978), introduced me to Cody Schibi's work a while back and once he opened for commissions, I jumped all over it (Shaolin Cowboy). I was keeping a close eye on Cody's twitter feed and noticed a killer punisher piece he had just completed. I emailed Carlos and told him how awesome Schibi was and how awesome his Punisher was….turns out Carlos had set up the Punisher for pick-up at ECCC as a gift to me. Thanks again Buddy, I've been smiling ever since you told me that!

I was able to snag my Cho piece as soon as Frank showed up to his table on Friday. He wasn't sure if he was even going to complete 1 piece at the show so there were no guarantees. Once I saw the completed Emma on Saturday evening, I was pumped!

I rode the Jock line on Saturday morning. He sketched for 1.5 hours each morning…for free too. Awesome meeting him and seeing what the man is capable of doing in only a few minutes….the guys amazing.

Finally got to meet Alessandro Vitti in person (I've commissioned a few pieces in the past, but have never met him). What a great dude. He had digitally inked part of the page I wanted so he took it home on Friday night and inked it traditionally because he knew I'd been after it for a while. I can't say it enough, Alessandro's great.

I also had a good time hangin and chattin with some of the best dudes/gals in comics - Riley Rossmo, Nick Pitarra, Felix Lu, EBAS, Mitch Gerads, Freddie Williams, Matteo Scalera, Kenneth Rocafort, Ben Templesmith, Siya Oum, Declan Shalvey and the list goes on and on.

Clay Mann and EBAS both owe me pieces from previous shows but weren't able to complete them at ECCC. I did, however, see a WIP of both pieces and wow…

A few side notes….

Even with the VIP - Art Adams and J Scott were really tough gets, with both guys' lines filling up prior to the doors opening to the public.

Kenneth Rocafort took a list of 5 names each day for $50 sketch cards and they were full even before the VIPs were let in. He was doing Jam contributions though, and they were epic!

Siya Oum is a beast. She just about killed herself making sure people got their pieces by the end of show (including an insanely awesome Jam Contribution for Carlos)

Carlos' D'anda and Matteo Scalera's lists filled very quickly….I was unable to get on either list for Jam Contributions for Carlos.

That's pretty much ECCC in a nutshell. Such a great city, such a great con. It's too bad it only happens once per year.
Punisher1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:30 AM   #17
predaking007
Death is hereditary.

Awesome stuff, Cam. Good seeing you again at Felix's table. Man, I love that Mary Jane piece. Alessandro Vitti is funny. I was hanging with him all weekend.
predaking007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:52 AM   #18
Ghost9
U talkin' to me?

Cam, love the pieces and the run-down. I met you briefly down by Klaus' table on Friday. I think you had just gotten Rocafort's contribution to Carlos' jam page, and we discussed how awesome it and the Caldwell Poison Ivy both were.

I ended up barely sneaking into a position in Klaus' line and got a great all white DD head sketch in my End of Days Hardcover's black endpaper. He and Jason both were great to deal with and very kind to fans.

Congrats on the haul - some really great stuff there!
Ghost9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM   #19
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Great con report buddy. That guest list was epic and sounds like the crowds were huge. To get all that done is commendable!
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:07 PM   #20
Wrothy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Nice report, and a fantastic haul. That Janson piece in particular is killer. Congrats!
Wrothy is offline   Reply With Quote