Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 09-06-2023, 10:12 AM   #221
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Ah damn, I wondered where Forps went. I was in a 3 week Army Civilian course in August so I missed this. I like Forps and hope he visits.

As to the discussion on the factories, I’ve long thought they should have shifted production elsewhere for a long time. I get why it would be too expensive in the US, but S. America seems like a more ideal solution and a potential way to get ahead of the market.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 02:43 PM   #222
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Ah damn, I wondered where Forps went. I was in a 3 week Army Civilian course in August so I missed this. I like Forps and hope he visits.

As to the discussion on the factories, I?ve long thought they should have shifted production elsewhere for a long time. I get why it would be too expensive in the US, but S. America seems like a more ideal solution and a potential way to get ahead of the market.
And South America sends their production to china.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 05:36 PM   #223
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
And South America sends their production to china.
I get that. Just saying, if someone gets there first, they will dominate, because just getting one factory up to speed with decent painters, nobody would be able to catch up. Heck, do it in Mexico. Shipping alone would offset a lot of cost.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 06:14 PM   #224
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I get that. Just saying, if someone gets there first, they will dominate, because just getting one factory up to speed with decent painters, nobody would be able to catch up. Heck, do it in Mexico. Shipping alone would offset a lot of cost.
Personally I have wondered that for a long time as well so I get it. Never understood why iron studios didn?t do production there as there are a lot of great painters there.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 07:36 AM   #225
ukshaun
Hercules

Statue slow down.. i have started to see it hit YouTuber's..
During some live chat's, they chat, but lack enough statue / figure news to talk about.

Over past few days these Statue YouTubers (the one's i follow) have covered non statue stuff, including:
Flankster 117 - Papifeed AutoPetfeeder 2.0 (reviewed)
The Xtreme Channel - Buying NAME BRAND VS GENERIC: ARGUING with my WIFE UNEDITED
The Batman Statue Collector - NEW Cantina Chicken Taco Review

I guess YouTuber's need to keep feeding that algorithm, such is the beast it is

There is a dark-side to YouTubers, some of them atleast.
Four months ago i stubbled across a type of documentary which focused on someone named Boogie2988
https://youtu.be/_QgDx0RIWY8?si=DFp8-V3kbQbyMRmU

From what i can tell, Boogie2988 was one of the original YouTubers making a very good living from being a YouTuber.
Things went south. Where does a YouTuber like Boogie2988 go, work-wise, when the bubble bursts?
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 08:09 AM   #226
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Maybe they just need to take a little break on videos then if they're so desperate they have to make a video reviewing tacos. Go outside, read a book, play a video game.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:39 AM   #227
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Maybe they just need to take a little break on videos then if they're so desperate they have to make a video reviewing tacos. Go outside, read a book, play a video game.
I guess they are addicted to the fame and.. small change
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 09:44 AM   #228
SDguy

SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 01:35 PM   #229
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
From what i can tell, Boogie2988 was one of the original YouTubers making a very good living from being a YouTuber.
Things went south. Where does a YouTuber like Boogie2988 go, work-wise, when the bubble bursts?
Not sure if you've seen the documentary about him but his problems are all of his own making. He has nobody to blame but himself. He wasted his money then would go on his channel and cry about it instead of making good content, so people left.

People commenting on stuff is what juices the algorithms and people tune into it. When things are slow it pays the bills. Asmongold used to be a World of Warcraft only channel but got tired of Blizzard and the game and now he makes millions choosing topics on his reddit to talk about.

I'm an old fuddy duddy. That episode of Southpark where Kyle couldn't understand why Ike and his friends would rather watch someone play a game then play one used to be me. Now I'm watching people play instead of doing the playing and I don't know why.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2024, 02:02 PM   #230
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
Now I watching people play instead of doing the playing and I don't know why.
Video game voyeurism
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote