Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-10-2023, 04:48 PM   #681
AC_808
Hercules

Yup, I remember those days too. Everyone had to scramble to find a Singapore connect just to get an XM piece. That was crazy and exciting.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 05:58 PM   #682
greenknight
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yup, I remember those days too. Everyone had to scramble to find a Singapore connect just to get an XM piece. That was crazy and exciting.
Yeah I did that with a store in Singapore to get the XM Storm right after I ordered the HMO Morrigan from them. I was very thankful for that store, especially when the Storm came with a cracked tornado base and they took care of getting me a completely new statue from XM.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 11:20 AM   #683
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
Yeah I did that with a store in Singapore to get the XM Storm right after I ordered the HMO Morrigan from them. I was very thankful for that store, especially when the Storm came with a cracked tornado base and they took care of getting me a completely new statue from XM.

Was that store Simply Toys?

Also worked with Simply Toys at the end...
Old 10-11-2023, 11:25 AM   #684
greenknight
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Was that store Simply Toys?

Also worked with Simply Toys at the end...
No, it was Playstore.
greenknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2023, 11:37 AM   #685
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenknight View Post
No, it was Playstore.

Oh man ...so there were a couple stores collectors could go to. Then there were the individual contacts in Singapore that collectors had ...including me at one time.

Geez ...XM had a strong number of buyers at that time.

Ok, to go back on track. I say it's ok that TweeterHead has had some delays. As long as they deliver the products ....and they've always delivered their products.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:13 PM   #686
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Isn't this a Queen Studios problem, not SF? It's not like SF is sitting on the boxes for no reason.

And I LOL'ed at your 2 weeks comment.... I paid for Catwoman on Batpod shipping on June 30th and still waiting
Well, I had to message spec to get my queen 1/4 joker shipped, and it shipped in a day or 2 after the message. You would think if they get something in they would automatically send out invoices to pay the shipping (I had the statue paid off for a year by the time it shipped), I shouldn?t have to message someone to send out the thing I paid for. They are a company, not some lazy fool on eBay. I guess they were sitting on the boxes. But I already told Todd all of this, so I hope they are more transparent. I do love their customer service, they are just as good as sideshow.

I?ll absolutely never preorder from them again, but if I want something in stock and spec is the only option, I won?t say no to buying it.

And yeah, that sucks about the Catwoman, I got the invoice and I didn?t have money to pay it. Now I?m glad I didn?t pay it. I have 0 patients when it comes to money. I?m used to sideshow charging me and shipping out something within a few day, and getting it in 3 or 4 days. 2 weeks sucked, but if I hat to wait 2+ months, I?d be PISSED. I would tell Todd to start swimming to China and get the damn thing I paid for, or give me all my money back and I?ll pay him when he gets it
Lugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 04:44 PM   #687
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
When I first started collecting statues, if you wanted a piece not licensed for the U.S., you had to find a connection, usually in Singapore. You'd send money to some random dude who decided he was going to black market statues to collectors in the U.S. The statue came when it came. Sometimes it didn't.

Now if I want a statue not licensed in the U.S., I order from Specfictionshop, a company with a very professional website and a warehouse in Southern California. I understand, though, that Todd relies on his suppliers to provide him with accurate information about when pieces will ship, and sometimes the information they supply him with ends up being wrong. Just as collectors send him emails asking when certain pieces will arrive, he's contacting his suppliers for the same information. Just as Todd has collectors' money, his suppliers have his money.

As a customer, I'm just happy to have a known person in the hobby supplying these pieces, not some random dude on another continent. If it doesn't come when it was supposed to, that's nothing new. I'm trying to obtain a piece not licensed for my country. There's bound to be hiccups.
I guess it is nice to have a place in America that you can buy stuff from, but my standards have been set my Sideshow and BBTS, so when a company can?t measure up to them, I?m gonna say something about it.

My biggest complaint about Spec is they should not send out an invoice UNTIL they have it in stock. Like some people paid for the queen Catwoman at the end of June. They should get their money back, and when Spec gets it in stock then they can pay for it. I notice when I get a preorder in from BBTS, it?s usually in stock for anyone to buy at the same time people who preorder get theirs shipped out. Sideshow ships stuff out usually a few days after the invoice comes. I think the longest I hat to wait was a week, and that was a one off in 8 years of collecting. Spec don?t need my money for shipping if they don?t have the thing I paid for.

I now know it?s also queen studios fault for being slow with their 1/4 joker and the inart joker, but I?m not buying directly from queen, so my frustration goes to the place that has my money. And when it comes to money, I can be a real impatient a-hole about it.
Old 10-12-2023, 04:56 PM   #688
nearmint
Phoenix

In most cases, BBTS builds the shipping cost into the cost of statue, so you're really paying for shipping the day that that you place your order.

Sideshow now gives themselves 10 business days to ship after charging your balance+shipping.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 04:30 PM   #689
Augen
Metal Men

Newsletter says "Dec 2024"

I assume they mean Jan 2024?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2023, 06:21 PM   #690
Lugnuts
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Newsletter says "Dec 2024"

I assume they mean Jan 2024?
At this point, December 2024 may be correct.