Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2016, 02:49 PM   #461
Silverine
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I get why they did it but the phoenix ends up over powering the look of the entire piece imo. My eye immediately goes to the phoenix when I look at the piece instead of Jean like it should. In my view, Sideshow did a much better job of keeping the focus on Jean in their version. Again, it's personal preference.
Like you said, its personal preference I for one want everything perfect base/character for me its the whole statue not just the character. But like all said SS has the better face sculpt, body is about the same and base is XM win. But like I said we need to wait a year before we can really say (yes the head is better) factory must still deliver a great paintjob! No doubt in my mind about how perfect the prototypes are from SS at every SCC.

That said I did like powergirl and batgirl!
Silverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:52 PM   #462
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I don't get people's problem with the silver disc. Yes it looks like a danger room simulation but so does XM's Sentinel piece and it isn't much better.

I would prefer the bases just have flames for both statues.
The XM base has a theme. All of their X-Men statues have some part of a sentinel that's been destroyed. If you look at some of the piece that got shelved, they had it too.

Was it you, QZ that pointed out Brown Suit Wolverine also has a silver disc base? If so, thanks for that reminder. Maybe this is SS new X-Men themed base design which also allows them to play with a depths to the bases (i.e., the head/beak of the bird actually goes down on this statue)
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #463
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I get why they did it but the phoenix ends up over powering the look of the entire piece imo. My eye immediately goes to the phoenix when I look at the piece instead of Jean like it should. In my view, Sideshow did a much better job of keeping the focus on Jean in their version. Again, it's personal preference.
True story. That bird is an eye catcher. Which I kinda like because let's get serious, if I saw a HUGE flaming bird that dwarfs the woman in the middle of it, I'd see that first too. Then I'd be like F**k, I'm clearly toast.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:56 PM   #464
Silverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
HAHAHA -- I was not whining, but as it's a typed comment people may translate it in many ways.

And as it's my money, who cares how I spend it? I don't question anybody else how much money they drop on statues. Or why they choose to buy the ones they do? What company they buy from? Or why people buy multiples of them? Or why some people buy them and don't display them? Yet you're all up in my sh!t.

All I said was I'm not sure what justifies this piece to be $500 and I was NOT the only one to say that. Yet you felt the need to comment on my spending and said I needed a better argument as to my purchasing logic.

Here's my logic, and it's earth shattering, just wait for it -- I LOVED the XM statue from the moment I saw it. So I bought it! I don't love this piece so I will not be buying it. Easy peasy.

And now I will wait to see if I get the mod hammer
you can buy whatever you want! And love whatever you want.

I will buy this down the road, I think there are to many things coming out, Gamora is another story
Old 01-06-2016, 02:56 PM   #465
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
How long were statues priced between $400-$500. One year? While this is a nice piece, I'm quite struck by the staggering quick rise in prices. There seems to be no indication that these massive price hikes are in any way going to slow down. I imagine by X-mas, statues will be priced at $600. Wow. I can't believe the Batgirl which shipped just this summer was priced at $400. The Black Widow PF which shipped just the summer prior was $350. That's a near 50% hike in price for a PF in less than 2 years. Holy smokes.
only way is to cut off some po's or that you wanted and buy much less. The base is kind of simple for the higher prices, the base looks better than the old x bases. The statue hopefully will not lean in a few months or years due to it hanging forward from the base. overall its a good looking statue. But just not sure if it's worth paying right away to get this. Well unless the es is like 300 to 500 max which I highly doubt. From the 12 days of SS now I've decided to cut out everything and maybe just get this one. That will even it out a bit on the new prices. Voted with our wallets!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #466
Silverine

Quote:
The XM base has a theme. All of their X-Men statues have some part of a sentinel that's been destroyed. If you look at some of the piece that got shelved, they had it too.

Was it you, QZ that pointed out Brown Suit Wolverine also has a silver disc base? If so, thanks for that reminder. Maybe this is SS new X-Men themed base design which also allows them to play with a depths to the bases (i.e., the head/beak of the bird actually goes down on this statue)
I was the one who asked about the silver base, I really think its the new x-men themed base but who knows
Old 01-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #467
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverine View Post
Like you said, its personal preference I for one want everything perfect base/character for me its the whole statue not just the character. But like all said SS has the better face sculpt, body is about the same and base is XM win. But like I said we need to wait a year before we can really say (yes the head is better) factory must still deliver a great paintjob! No doubt in my mind about how perfect the prototypes are from SS at every SCC.

That said I did like powergirl and batgirl!
From posted pics on FB, Powergirl also looks splendid.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:01 PM   #468
qz33
Doctor Doom

Well ignoring the base this is statue perfection right here.
I hope the her lovely figure details survive a few generations of the casting process.
That bird chest emblem will have to arrive flawless.

They so got the pose and body sculpt. I love the hair too.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:02 PM   #469
Silverine

Quote:
From posted pics on FB, Powergirl also looks splendid.
Jup so TBH I think SS is back in the game of statues
Old 01-06-2016, 03:03 PM   #470
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
only way is to cut off some po's or that you wanted and buy much less. The base is kind of simple for the higher prices, the base looks better than the old x bases. The statue hopefully will not lean in a few months or years due to it hanging forward from the base. overall its a good looking statue. But just not sure if it's worth paying right away to get this. Well unless the es is like 300 to 500 max which I highly doubt. From the 12 days of SS now I've decided to cut out everything and maybe just get this one. That will even it out a bit on the new prices. Voted with our wallets!
There are times when CBG drops some insight and let's us peer underneath that troll guise.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote