Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-06-2016, 04:15 AM   #411
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Lol.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #412
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
I like that they are matching the new X Men bases, but not a big fan of this after seeing one like XM this just dosent do it for me.
If we could take these portraits and stick them on the XM that would be statue perfection to get!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:26 AM   #413
adee
Green Arrow

I understand why they are doing the puck bases and even why some like them but it seems they could have very easily designed them to be optional. That would have been ideal imo.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 09:53 AM   #414
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I really like the bases for these X-Men PF's. Hope that they will continue to use these for future releases
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:04 AM   #415
Peedi
The Secret Six

This is one of those things where the price is too much and I feel it isn't worth the price but I want it anyway...

It's Dark Phoenix, I've been wanting her, and I like it.

But there's nothing here that makes me say it's way better than the XM version, and that's not just because I already have the XM since obviously I aim to have both and could sell the XM if I wanted to. The XM, despite the hairlines and overly simple face paint, is still a boss of a statue those who haven't seen her in person can't fully appreciate.

I don't like the silver base but I'm not disappointed by anything on this one. I like the regular head more.

But $500 is too much. I don't know anything else that's risen in price so rapidly. I'm sure there are other things but ss price increases are more rapid than most other products. It's weird to see other Pre Order statues not at shipping yet like Vader, Fett, Wolverine, Green Lantern, Arkham PFs, Dark Knight, Red Son PFs, etc that are more detailed than this but cost at or below this statue.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:18 AM   #416
siren3-4
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
This is one of those things where the price is too much and I feel it isn't worth the price but I want it anyway...

It's Dark Phoenix, I've been wanting her, and I like it.

But there's nothing here that makes me say it's way better than the XM version, and that's not just because I already have the XM since obviously I aim to have both and could sell the XM if I wanted to. The XM, despite the hairlines and overly simple face paint, is still a boss of a statue those who haven't seen her in person can't fully appreciate.

I don't like the silver base but I'm not disappointed by anything on this one. I like the regular head more.

But $500 is too much. I don't know anything else that's risen in price so rapidly. I'm sure there are other things but ss price increases are more rapid than most other products. It's weird to see other Pre Order statues not at shipping yet like Vader, Fett, Wolverine, Green Lantern, Arkham PFs, Dark Knight, Red Son PFs, etc that are more detailed than this but cost at or below this statue.
I don't understand people making this argument. Didn't you pay almost double for the XM statue?
siren3-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:27 AM   #417
Sinema
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

$500....lol
Sinema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:27 AM   #418
risingstar
Jedi Order

How long were statues priced between $400-$500. One year? While this is a nice piece, I'm quite struck by the staggering quick rise in prices. There seems to be no indication that these massive price hikes are in any way going to slow down. I imagine by X-mas, statues will be priced at $600. Wow. I can't believe the Batgirl which shipped just this summer was priced at $400. The Black Widow PF which shipped just the summer prior was $350. That's a near 50% hike in price for a PF in less than 2 years. Holy smokes.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:27 AM   #419
ambasah
Red Skull

A lot of us paid no where near double. This will cost me about $756 Canadian dollars shipped...and then add $98 in taxes, making the total $854.

I paid about $150 Canadian dollars more for Phoenix all in.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:49 AM   #420
adee
Green Arrow

I don't think the argument of size, details, ect ect carry as much weight as the actual character and how much they think they can get for said character.
I think the cost of this piece is mostly because they know how popular it will be and people will be willing to pay for it. How much is Gamora?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote