Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #21
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collection King 13 View Post
That's why I charge a handling fee.
Yup i do the same and i keep raising it when i sell a item. For us i charge a specific amount and then out of the us i double or triple the handling fee.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #22
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
They are already doing that. I've sent money to artists as a gift and they charged me the fee.
If you send via personal payment and pay with your bank account instead of credit card, nobody gets charged the fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Charging fees on shipping was a long time coming. It sucks but its a direct result of sellers abusing the system. I agree though that at the moment there is no better option than eBay when unloading collectibles. So for now we're stuck.
Ebay's reasoning was to deter people from abusing that system. But now, people who weren't trying to cheat just raise their shipping prices or tack on a handling fee (like these goons ) to recoup their losses. Stupid Ebay.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #23
dr_teng

Ebay's reasoning was completely irrelevant, they wanted more money and they found another way they could take it from sellers. Same as every other time they've raised fees, they'll make up some nonsense about whatever but the intention was to simply milk people for more money.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 PM   #24
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
It's the same thing. Unless you can explain to me a difference between a $45 item w/ $20 shipping and a $65 item w/ free shipping. The Buyer pays the same amount either way and the Seller pays virtually the same to ebay in fees.
Well obviously there is no difference dollar wise but shipping & handling costs what it costs whether a seller says its free or breaks it down by separating the cost from the item. I just don't agree with rewarding sellers who ship for free by keeping a feedback system in place that penalizes the seller who likes to keep the two charges separate because in reality they're two different things.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:08 PM   #25
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
Ebay's reasoning was completely irrelevant, they wanted more money and they found another way they could take it from sellers. Same as every other time they've raised fees, they'll make up some nonsense about whatever but the intention was to simply milk people for more money.

Exactly. They already had a system in place that was supposed to seek out auctions where Sellers were over-charging on shipping and cancel the auctions. This is just a cash-grab to gain more fees from ALL sellers.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM   #26
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

This eBay shipping thing happened sometime last year. I simply increased my handling charges or offered free shipping and increased the item charge. That's the only way to do it. The fact that eBay wants to take money out of a seller's shipping cost is insane.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #27
patrickwm68
The Flash

That's why you add a handling fee to the shipping.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote