Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 07-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #61
moon_knight1971
Rescue

The animation is growing on me aside from Batman's cowl in certain angles. An ex spy Alfred makes sense though that's been done with Moon Knight and Frenchie back in the 80's. Katana as a potenial replacement for Alfred was unexpected and interesting development. So far the stories haven't been BTAS quality but I do find them enjoyable.
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #62
patrickwm68
The Flash

I'm enjoying the show, it's a shame Cartoon Network will probably cancel it after 2 seasons.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #63
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
I'm enjoying the show, it's a shame Cartoon Network will probably cancel it after 2 seasons.
Or one season like the amazing Green Lantern Animated Series. Still pissed about that.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #64
Luminous
Cyclops

Cartoon Network has pulled Beware the Batman from it's schedule.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...twork-schedule

Quote:
Is history repeating itself? Beware the Batman fans are getting nervous after Cartoon Network made the abrupt decision to pull the animated series from the schedule. Originally, a new episode was slated to air this coming Saturday, but not only is that not occuring, but they aren't airing a repeat of Beware the Batman - instead, two episodes of Teen Titans Go! will air in the DC Nation one-hour programming block. The @NickandMore Twitter account first noted the change.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:11 PM   #65
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm getting so sick of Cartoon Network's crap. They support nothing and bail on everything. They're a total ADD network. DC should pull all of their animation from them and take it elsewhere.

I just recently caught up on all the 'Beware the Batman' episodes and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the tone and direction of the series. It's no BTAS to be sure but I appreciated it's fresh take and smooth animation style. The writing was surprisingly good too. Marginally better than The Batman and WAY better than Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Shame if it ends here as it was just heating up with the introduction of Ra's al Ghul.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:37 PM   #66
patrickwm68
The Flash

Can't say I'm suprised by this. Beware the Batman hasn't produced a toy line yet and that's all Cartoon Network seems to care about.
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:25 PM   #67
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'm getting so sick of Cartoon Network's crap. They support nothing and bail on everything. They're a total ADD network. DC should pull all of their animation from them and take it elsewhere.

I just recently caught up on all the 'Beware the Batman' episodes and was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the tone and direction of the series. It's no BTAS to be sure but I appreciated it's fresh take and smooth animation style. The writing was surprisingly good too. Marginally better than The Batman and WAY better than Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Shame if it ends here as it was just heating up with the introduction of Ra's al Ghul.
Agreed! Why can't they get these aired on CW which is owned by Warner Brothers?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #68
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickwm68 View Post
Can't say I'm suprised by this. Beware the Batman hasn't produced a toy line yet and that's all Cartoon Network seems to care about.
I'm suprised they did it this early. Batman is probably the most recognized comic book hero in the world
Old 10-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #69
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Watched the first show...hated it. Couldn't finish it.
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #70
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_knight1971 View Post
I'm suprised they did it this early. Batman is probably the most recognized comic book hero in the world
And therein lies the rub, how can CN say they even gave this series a chance after airing only a scant 11 of it's 26 episodes? Their lack of support is just pathetic.