Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #8391
Lionore
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Been reading some of my favorite Batman stories lately, Hush and All star Batman&Robin particularly, Bats is shown unshaven in Jim Lee's artwork.
I think it would be wiser if SSC opted for one head with the 5 oclock shadow and the other shaved.

Anyway, after reading some posts referring to fans geting their Reg. Version Bats with a toned down 5 o'clock shadow, wonder if SSC fixed somehow this detail in the later batches.

btw, does anyone know for how long SSC has got the rights from DC to produce statues??
Lionore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:58 PM   #8392
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

The Superman thread being closed is extremely annoying for regular posters such as myself.

Can the mods PLEASE just start banning problem posters instead of locking down threads left and right?

It's ridiculous to punish everyone when a few people are being creeps.

Sorry for invading the Batman thread. But it needed to be read/said.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:15 AM   #8393
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
The Superman thread being closed is extremely annoying for regular posters such as myself.

Can the mods PLEASE just start banning problem posters instead of locking down threads left and right?

It's ridiculous to punish everyone when a few people are being creeps.

Sorry for invading the Batman thread. But it needed to be read/said.
The problem is that no one was being a "creep". There was no ban worthy behavior being demonstrated. The discussion simply derailed off topic due to a lot of speculation. The thread will most likely reopen when more solid information is available or more people begin to receive the statue in hand.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:32 AM   #8394
a2themonster
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
The problem is that no one was being a "creep". There was no ban worthy behavior being demonstrated. The discussion simply derailed off topic due to a lot of speculation. The thread will most likely reopen when more solid information is available or more people begin to receive the statue in hand.
thats a stupid reason to close the thread, albeit temporarily..people were talking and having a conversation..no one was being insulting or what have you, they r just talking about when their piece may ship out or how, etc, either way to me its not a reason to close a thread..let people talk theres no harm in that..
a2themonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:43 AM   #8395
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2themonster View Post
thats a stupid reason to close the thread, albeit temporarily..people were talking and having a conversation..no one was being insulting or what have you, they r just talking about when their piece may ship out or how, etc, either way to me its not a reason to close a thread..let people talk theres no harm in that..
I didn't close the thread, just stating reason it was most likely closed.

I understand there isn't exactly a good place to talk about what transpired in that thread, but let's at least try and avoid derailing this one. The subject is the Batman PF, and there are definitely no shipping concerns for that piece at this point.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:02 AM   #8396
a2themonster
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I didn't close the thread, just stating reason it was most likely closed.

I understand there isn't exactly a good place to talk about what transpired in that thread, but let's at least try and avoid derailing this one. The subject is the Batman PF, and there are definitely no shipping concerns for that piece at this point.
yes ik you didn't close it, i was just stating my opinion on the subject, but yes back to bats!!
a2themonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 AM   #8397
aaronica
The Avengers

given that there is a poison ivy variant

what are the chances of a batman blue grey variant, l like that costume more
aaronica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:18 PM   #8398
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronica View Post
given that there is a poison ivy variant

what are the chances of a batman blue grey variant, l like that costume more
I would say there is very very good chance! I love our black one but I think the blue and gray would just pop and look great! With sideshow doing a lot of variants I feel this one would be very appropriate and make sense and would also sell well!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #8399
shin3000
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
I would say there is very very good chance! I love our black one but I think the blue and gray would just pop and look great! With sideshow doing a lot of variants I feel this one would be very appropriate and make sense and would also sell well!

Sarah
I really hope there will be a variant!!! Missed the EX and hope to at least get a variant ex
shin3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #8400
Spazzy
Hercules

Probably be a superman variant too
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote