Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #151
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

All interest in this line is lost for me. I'm not paying twice the price I should because of licensing. Those of you in the regions for the license enjoy, but I guess I'll start looking elsewhere.

With how much better XM is than Sideshow it really is a shame how stupid licensing works in America. Makes it hard for competition to prevail. Instead it's just a race to grab the monopoly you need to win no matter how poor the products are
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:27 PM   #152
toe
Alpha Flight

I think that cat should be removable.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #153
epitaph04
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali604 View Post
Yeah it becomes difficult but that is why I built friendships with people in the approved area who can pre-order for me. It sucks cuz I end up paying a bit of a premium but not double price no were near that.
I don't even have friends here in the US...how the hell am I supposed to make friends in Asia? Really disappointing but oh well.
epitaph04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:47 PM   #154
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Sorry guys, we should have made information more readily available. XM's DC line is only licensed for South East Asia (SG, MY, INDO, TH, PH). It's a bummer I know but that's as far as our licensing allows us to go.

Which means BBTS or Spec Fiction or any other countries not within SEA, won't be able to carry our products.

I too, hope this situation can change one day as we'd love to get our stuff out to other countries and minimize flippers or secondary markets, making it easier to obtain our products at reasonable prices.

Oh, since we're at this, ditto for our Star Wars line. All SEA territories only.
INDO as in Indonesia? I have family there. How can I order and have it shipped to them?
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 11:54 PM   #155
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by epitaph04 View Post
I don't even have friends here in the US...how the hell am I supposed to make friends in Asia? Really disappointing but oh well.
Yeah, at least now I don't have to worry about one mismatched statue in my Catwoman display (I didn't really have much interest in XM's other Batman pieces, despite them being rather brilliant.) I appreciate their concern over flippers and pieces retaining their value, though. That's just good customer relations. Hopefully my money will find its way into XM's hands through a piece they actually can distribute overseas.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:02 AM   #156
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Sorry guys, we should have made information more readily available. XM's DC line is only licensed for South East Asia (SG, MY, INDO, TH, PH). It's a bummer I know but that's as far as our licensing allows us to go.

Which means BBTS or Spec Fiction or any other countries not within SEA, won't be able to carry our products.

I too, hope this situation can change one day as we'd love to get our stuff out to other countries and minimize flippers or secondary markets, making it easier to obtain our products at reasonable prices.

Oh, since we're at this, ditto for our Star Wars line. All SEA territories only.
Ebay it is then. Paying over the odd's.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #157
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

With all the new studio releasing Marvel and DC stuff (prime1, iron studio, etc...) i just don't understand why XM is the only which having problem with licencing...
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #158
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
All interest in this line is lost for me. I'm not paying twice the price I should because of licensing. Those of you in the regions for the license enjoy, but I guess I'll start looking elsewhere.

With how much better XM is than Sideshow it really is a shame how stupid licensing works in America. Makes it hard for competition to prevail. Instead it's just a race to grab the monopoly you need to win no matter how poor the products are
I think many share in your disappointments with the licensing situation across the globe.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:13 PM   #159
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
With all the new studio releasing Marvel and DC stuff (prime1, iron studio, etc...) i just don't understand why XM is the only which having problem with licencing...
They aren't AB. Prime 1 has the fortunate situation of being a part of SS distribution if I am not mistaken. And IS I thought was exclusive to the South American sector. IA is in a similar situation to XM. Even PCS with a couple license. SS is the big corporate hondo in America and Kotobukiya overseas.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 03:32 PM   #160
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I saw open everything up to global license. Let the consumer speak with their wallets (which include shelling out for shipping!).

And if the companies don't like what the cosumer purchases -- step up your game.

Isn't the old adage "in order to be the best, you have to beat the best"? What are certain companies so afraid of?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote