Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #31
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Yes, leaning forward all hunched like that makes him look weak and desperate to me. Kingpin is all about power...he's untouchable and he knows it. He should be leaning back, I agree.
Actually I know how XM can knock out two birds with one stone. They can have switch out upper torso...the one like in the concept and the second torso him leaning back in the chair.

Now that would appease most fans....excluding the select few that want him standing.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:42 PM   #32
Grifterr
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like the current pose. Chess is not checkers where you give a lackluster effort so to speak and just chill out in your lazy chair. Especially when dealing with adversaries such as spidey.
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:45 PM   #33
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Actually I know how XM can knock out two birds with one stone. They can have switch out upper torso...the one like in the concept and the second torso him leaning back in the chair.

Now that would appease most fans....excluding the select few that want him standing.
I don't have a problem with the chess board. But, I think he should be leaning back holding up one of the pieces, in a "I got you now, fool" type of confident, scheming pose. Hunched over, I see it as a confused "what am I going to do next?" type of pose...Kingpin doesn't think like that...he's already two or three moves ahead of the competition. He's a boss.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #34
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyBear View Post
Cigar or a drink, Marvel will say no.
Sorry I should have clarified, the picture was just a reference to show how dramatically the mood may change if the character were to lounge in his chair as opposed to leaning forward. In no way, I'm implying that alcohol or tobacco products should be included as accessories. Internetting while commuting leads to communication fail.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:02 PM   #35
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Sorry I should have clarified, the picture was just a reference to show how dramatically the mood may change if the character were to lounge in his chair as opposed to leaning forward. In no way, I am implying that alcohol or tobacco products should be included as accessories. Internetting while commuting leads to communication fail.
No problem, i would like to see him with a cigar or drink in hand. Just mention Marvel will never say yes.
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:06 PM   #36
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
No problem, i would like to see him with a cigar or drink in hand. Just mention Marvel will never say yes.
Kingpin should have a cigar, but alas, we all know it can't happen.

Meanwhile, in the next Punisher comic, Frank Castle blows away 10 people with a semi automatic assault rifle...
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #37
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
I agree, I just feel that the current image portrays teh kingpin as someone who has to sit and think about his next move. Holding onto his cane for support and squinting takes away from the myth that Kingpin is The Boss. Perhaps a pose portraying Kingpin lounging with a smug-like expression in front of the chess board would better solidify the impression that he is the Boss of all bosses. He knows his moves will result in checkmate.
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:07 PM   #38
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Kingpin should have a cigar, but alas, we all know it can't happen.

Meanwhile, in the next Punisher comic, Frank Castle blows away 10 people with a semi automatic assault rifle...
It's quite hilarious really. Murder rape but no cigars.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:08 PM   #39
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifterr View Post
I like the current pose. Chess is not checkers where you give a lackluster effort so to speak and just chill out in your lazy chair. Especially when dealing with adversaries such as spidey.

Look at pictures of grand masters chess champions and they aren't leaning back. They are deep in thought analyzing every possible move so they can be planning for whatever.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:10 PM   #40
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

Eh weren't you the one against a switch out lower torso on Kraven because of weight and cost. An switch out on Kingpin but be much heavier and more expensive especially if Kingpin is portrayed huge like he has been.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote