Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-26-2015, 02:11 PM   #41
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post

Look at pictures of grand masters chess champions and they aren't leaning back. They are deep in thought analyzing every possible move so they can be planning for whatever.
Because they are normally playing against another chess master.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:12 PM   #42
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post

Look at pictures of grand masters chess champions and they aren't leaning back. They are deep in thought analyzing every possible move so they can be planning for whatever.
Chess players aren't criminal masterminds, lords of the NY underworld. If they were, they'd lean back as they made their chess moves.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #43
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Eh weren't you the one against a switch out lower torso on Kraven because of weight and cost. An switch out on Kingpin but be much heavier and more expensive especially if Kingpin is portrayed huge like he has been.
No I wasn't against a Kraven switch out for me...that was for others that always complain about XM prices. Hell, I'm all for a switch out Kraven lower half if they want...I just think it's unnecessary as the current look looks much more masculine than the pansy leotard look.

The more the merrier is my saying. Like Doc Ock.....hell put two different types of arms in there. The modern movie look and the more classic look. I don't care if it adds to the price....but I know others do.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #44
loricstone
Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Chess players aren't criminal masterminds, lords of the NY underworld. If they were, they'd lean back as they made their chess moves.
Don't you think Kingpin has to take extra care when going up against a super human and a lawyer / vigilante. I would think he needs to take extra care when knowing who and what he is dealing with.
Old 10-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #45
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Don't you think Kingpin has to take extra care when going up against a super human and a lawyer / vigilante. I would think he needs to take extra care when knowing who and what he is dealing with.
In his own mind maybe, but he'd never give an outward appearance of weakness. I want my Kingpin looking like a boss. I don't want to have to come up with some, "what if" story to justify a pose.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:08 PM   #46
loricstone
Kang

But I guess for how XM has it now...you personally, would have to come up with a what if.

For me, I don't have to because what I see is a Kingpin reflecting on how he needs to set up the players against Spiderman and / or DD.

Keep in mind, I am not saying what you suggest wouldn't be fine....it would cause I can see what you would like and it definitely would work.

But what I see now works perfectly for myself and for others as well...so it seems. The beauty of these concepts are...they are just concepts. I have yet to see a statue that XM has done come out exactly like the concept drawing. There have always been differences and maybe a more lounged back pose may be done.

One thing is for sure...it looks just like Kingpin (physically, face structure, etc.). All the details on this appears to be right on the money.

Can you imagine how great this Kingpin would look with Bullseye standing next to him. After all....you know Bullseye is coming! How could he not?
Old 10-26-2015, 03:11 PM   #47
Bmutha

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
But I guess for how XM has it now...you personally, would have to come up with a what if.

For me, I don't have to because what I see is a Kingpin reflecting on how he needs to set up the players against Spiderman and / or DD.

Keep in mind, I am not saying what you suggest wouldn't be fine....it would cause I can see what you would like and it definitely would work.

But what I see now works perfectly for myself and for others as well...so it seems. The beauty of these concepts are...they are just concepts. I have yet to see a statue that XM has done come out exactly like the concept drawing. There have always been differences and maybe a more lounged back pose may be done.

One thing is for sure...it looks just like Kingpin (physically, face structure, etc.). All the details on this appears to be right on the money.

Can you imagine how great this Kingpin would look with Bullseye standing next to him. After all....you know Bullseye is coming! How could he not?
I want Bullseye. He needs to be done to complete the primary DD mythos characters (Elektra, Bullseye, Kingpin, DD...and maybe stilt man, ).
Old 10-26-2015, 04:38 PM   #48
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Every second statue seems to be a sitting/throne pose. These guys out of ideas?
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:44 PM   #49
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Every second statue seems to be a sitting/throne pose. These guys out of ideas?
every second statue? i believe this is only the second throne statue XM has made? and then Ghost rider and Punisher on bikes... sorry but if you want the regular museum pose you always have sideshow I love XM because they have completely new ideas, not the same ol like you seem to suggest. XM has many standing up action poses of all sorts so its good to have diversity. I love this design and concept, it screams kingpin. and the playable chestboard?.. cant wait to see that.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:52 PM   #50
wanderlai
The Tick

Well there is Magneto, Medusa, and now Kingpin. I'm fine with some characters sitting like a Boss.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote