Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiez View Post
Maybe Fakes
Or ones that "fell off the truck"
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 07:20 AM   #33
Python
Omega Red

I just waited what seems like an age for my first PCS item (modern Dredd) But he was worth the wait ultimately so I'd happily order again.

That said, they could certainly work on improving their communication. I had three or four emails completely ignored over several months regarding my replacement item during the process. Not a great way to build a companies reputation.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:02 AM   #34
carty1983
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

they have great statues and they are clever enough to get the popular licences that people love and want to collect but if sideshow had all these licences first i think overall it would be better for everyone, if sideshow put up a 1/3 scale chun li tomorrow for pre order we would probably still get her off them quicker than we will get the pop culture shock one and that goes for other big companies also, pop culture shock are just not big enough to handle the popularity they have. would everyone not feel much more confident pre ordering akuma and mortal kombat statues made by sideshow with their own shipping time frame, i know i would. dont pre order anything anymore only buy in stock items. its easy to get newer statues these days. anything can happen in the 2 years you pay for a pre order of a 1500 statue, forget about it those days are gone in my eyes, loosing interest more and more each day goes by in this hobby
carty1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:19 AM   #35
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Yes.

Over the last 10 years i've bought dozens of statues direct from PCS and every time despite delays, hyperbole on the forum or whatever drama is stirred up by people......I've always got my statue and i've always been happy or more than happy with the QC and final product.

If they keep making stuff i want i will continue to order.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:15 AM   #36
gem_mint
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

yes
gem_mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #37
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
The same person is selling and has sold XM and SS statues (and bowen, hot toys) and has been around longer then PCS has been in NC, good guess there ;p
Nah it's probably the owner he has XM statues and collects others. My guess is he's selling , I bet this account wasn't always in Charlotte. If I'm wrong there then they are just unloading them out the back door to someone on the cheap. But I would wager it's someone AFFILIATED with the company.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 12:42 PM   #38
qz33
Doctor Doom

This post really illustrates something.

I don't see the point of PCS trying to be a traditional business. Obviously it is very hard for them or anyone to accomplish.

Jerry used to distribute mainly through Sideshow.

This is one of the reasons I never bought in to his wanting to just do the art side.

That's pretty much what he used to do and could have gone back to it.

But he kept wanting to let it get bigger and bigger eve though it wasn't sustainable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty1983 View Post
they have great statues and they are clever enough to get the popular licences that people love and want to collect but if sideshow had all these licences first i think overall it would be better for everyone, if sideshow put up a 1/3 scale chun li tomorrow for pre order we would probably still get her off them quicker than we will get the pop culture shock one and that goes for other big companies also, pop culture shock are just not big enough to handle the popularity they have. would everyone not feel much more confident pre ordering akuma and mortal kombat statues made by sideshow with their own shipping time frame, i know i would. dont pre order anything anymore only buy in stock items. its easy to get newer statues these days. anything can happen in the 2 years you pay for a pre order of a 1500 statue, forget about it those days are gone in my eyes, loosing interest more and more each day goes by in this hobby
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:47 PM   #39
wakasashe
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
PCS is as it’s always been. Virtually nothing has changed as far as logistics.

So honestly I’m over it and it no longer bothers me. That was the kind of stuff we were complaining about like Ten years ago!

Two things have changed.

1) Under Anthony and Mark QC has improved tremendously.

2) Consumer communication (via Facebook) is vastly superior compared to waiting weeks (or months) to hear from Jerry on the forum.

An industry wide change that had impacted PCS is cost.

I have a difficult time swallowing paying an additional $50.00 to $80.00 yearly bump to retail prices. An average size 1/4 is now $500.00-$600.00 depending on complexity of the base!

It’s getting stupid, and killing the hobby quickly.

Long story short.

Yes and No.

If it’s an absolute grail (for me), yes. But the days of buying everything they make (like I used to) are over. Because the prices are ludicrous and aftermarket value is crap, because retail is so high.
This, 1000%
wakasashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:32 PM   #40
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
PCS is as it’s always been. Virtually nothing has changed as far as logistics.

For sure.

The thing that has changed is a lot of us now know PCS will never change but we can change accordingly.

Just because you stay in a bad relationship doesn't mean you always will.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote