Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-12-2020, 06:12 PM   #1111
Peedi
The Secret Six

I was on the fence with Cable. I mean I like Cable but to me he isn’t essential to my X-Men line ups since I’m collecting for two very specific rosters and he wasn’t a part of them. But he’s a character I actually read so I figured just get it.

And it’s an awesome statue. I recommend it to any X-Men fan, fan of the character, or fans of big cool sculpts. This is classic, big body small head Cable from the comics. I love it, portals and all. Deadpool’s hand and toy to me is a fun addition and I use it but it’s not necessary for anybody who does miss out on the Ex.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:35 PM   #1112
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I was on the fence with Cable. I mean I like Cable but to me he isn’t essential to my X-Men line ups since I’m collecting for two very specific rosters and he wasn’t a part of them. But he’s a character I actually read so I figured just get it.

And it’s an awesome statue. I recommend it to any X-Men fan, fan of the character, or fans of big cool sculpts. This is classic, big body small head Cable from the comics. I love it, portals and all. Deadpool’s hand and toy to me is a fun addition and I use it but it’s not necessary for anybody who does miss out on the Ex.
I couldn't agree more with the character opinion you have. I mean, he has been a favorite X-Men of mine, but it has typically been in the way of Star Wars Fans liking Boba Fett.

Amazing look, often pops in to be a bad ass. But, until recently, he had not had many focused stories. In current day comics, his character is very involved and in the center of conflicts with the rest of the main X-Men cast.

That is what ultimately made me pull the trigger is his placement in the main story arcs now.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:46 PM   #1113
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I couldn't agree more with the character opinion you have. I mean, he has been a favorite X-Men of mine, but it has typically been in the way of Star Wars Fans liking Boba Fett.

Amazing look, often pops in to be a bad ass. But, until recently, he had not had many focused stories. In current day comics, his character is very involved and in the center of conflicts with the rest of the main X-Men cast.

That is what ultimately made me pull the trigger is his placement in the main story arcs now.
Yeah. He’s always in and out of the main comics but his involvement in the major arcs increased over the years. At this point as I’m sure you know it’s not even the “regular” Cable we’re used to in the current comics, but a younger version of him. I was a little put off by teen Cable at first but I like him now and I’ve been reading every month. And we know it won’t last forever anyway. It’d be cool to get a series with teen Cable, older Cable and X-Man all together since they’re all essentially the same person to varying degrees.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #1114
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah. He’s always in and out of the main comics but his involvement in the major arcs increased over the years. At this point as I’m sure you know it’s not even the “regular” Cable we’re used to in the current comics, but a younger version of him. I was a little put off by teen Cable at first but I like him now and I’ve been reading every month. And we know it won’t last forever anyway. It’d be cool to get a series with teen Cable, older Cable and X-Man all together since they’re all essentially the same person to varying degrees.
Yes. I agree. Except, I honestly think him coming back younger means that they are going to have him be heavily involved for the foreseeable future. I think he has a cool new perspective going right now.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:08 PM   #1115
savage.CAP

Cable arrived... 'tis glorious.
Old 10-16-2020, 10:44 PM   #1116
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Congrats brother!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 01:23 AM   #1117
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Yes it is! Congrats Savage!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 05:18 AM   #1118
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Agreed. One of my favorite pieces in my collection. Totally bonkers it’s still available. Congrats on the pickup, ticks every box.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:41 PM   #1119
savage.CAP

It would be nice if there was a (Cable's) left arm switchout with a smaller futuristic pistol or something. Instead of that massive gun haha.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:50 AM   #1120
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
It would be nice if there was a (Cable's) left arm switchout with a smaller futuristic pistol or something. Instead of that massive gun haha.
Lol. It’s big and dumb like the artwork it’s based on.

Here’s Cable with a wee bitty gun. It’s so small for him he doesn’t even know how to hold it lol.