Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-23-2021, 12:15 PM   #191
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Character selection sucks guys. Also stop taking so many liberties with the costumes. More often than not it ruins the piece. Example: Green Goblin.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 12:30 PM   #192
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Character selection sucks guys. Also stop taking so many liberties with the costumes. More often than not it ruins the piece. Example: Green Goblin.
This!

Especially when it’s a character you really want. Obviously I’d buy a Green Goblin. But if it’s not in the look I want I’m not buying it just because it’s Green Goblin. I wanted that last Captain America until I saw the full reveal and he halfway looked like Iron Patriot. I’ll wait for a Classic Wing Headed Cap.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:01 PM   #193
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
You've got a some of the key characters I still need.

DC:
- Classic Perez Deathstroke
- Classic Martian Manhunter
- Two Face
- Ra's al Ghul
- Classic Deadshot

Marvel Avengers:
- Classic Cap (no pouches on his belt)

Marvel X-MEN:
- Classic or modern Storm
- Classic or modern Cyclops (Byrne or Cassaday)
- Classic Nightcrawler (Byrne)

While a decent amount of characters we need would be revisits, there are many fairly popular characters sideshow has flat out neglected over the years. Two Face, Penguin, Riddler, and Nightwing in the Batverse. Martian Manhunter, Hawkman, and Atom in JLA lineup. Doc Ock, Mysterio, Electro, Sandman, Scorpion, and Vulture in the Spidey line. Nightcrawler, Beast, Angel/Archangel, and Iceman in the X-MEN lineup.

My biggest gripe is when we get the EXACT same costumes on back to back revisits. For example, I don't want or need a Lee Cyclops. The last Cyclops PF was in his Lee costume (just like the 1st one). Why not release the last Cyke PF in his Byrne or Cassaday costume? This way collectors waiting for a Byrne or Cassaday Cyclops get one for their collection. If sideshow wanted to revisit the Lee costume, they could easily do so farther down the line. Ideally, the first Cyclops PF would've been Lee, second one Byrne, third one Cassidy, and a Lee revisit on the 4th one. Do the same thing with characters like Beast and Angel. 1st Beast PF is classic Byrne/Lee, 2nd one Astonishing/Cassaday, 3rd Retro Kirby Beast. Same for Angel (classic, Archangel, Kirby Angel). If sideshow would just mix up the costumes on their revisits and add in a few more first time characters, I would like to think that'd be a win-win for sideshow and their customers.

Yea, I agree. Revisits wouldn't be so bad if they used different costumes. A definite win-win.

And I think SSC underestimates the popularity or salability of some of these characters we listed. I think they'd be surprised how well they will sell ...especially if the sculpt is done really well.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #194
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I need a Sandman and Scorpion ASAP. Mostly classic but a splash of modern. Not a Sideshowfied cluster fvck.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:53 PM   #195
SONICobra
Batman

Dock ock
Sandman
Scorpion

These characters just look best 100% classic (coming from a guy who usually leans modern)
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:23 PM   #196
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Moonknight
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:32 PM   #197
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

LOKI
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #198
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIIIWARRIOR View Post
Moonknight
Agreed. XM’s was not good.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:16 PM   #199
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
XM’s was not good.
Disagree!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #200
ScoobyDoo
The Spirit

All I want are all the Teen Titans (Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Raven. They have Starfire and I could use the new Robin as a substitute). Don’t care what they take inspiration from in terms of looks, but as long as I can have everyone I’ll be happy. The original Teen Titans cartoon is my favorite TV show of all time and I want the main team represented! And like I said, they have a Starfire and Robin, where the f are the rest of them!
ScoobyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote