Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-20-2015, 08:48 AM   #11
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Essentially, the new 52 convergence event is about reverting back to pre-new-52? Is the new-52 considered a failure? Does this include all the new costumes and personalities?
its not reverting. Just a 2 month event to potentially "open the door for original DCU stories/series to be produced concurrently with the New 52 one." (as MM said above)

Once this event is over we may/may not see some new books that deal with the original DCU. Other than that, it'll be business as usual for everything else.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:19 AM   #12
PureInvasion

More info on Convergence for those interested: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=58597
Old 01-20-2015, 01:35 PM   #13
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Ditto. I will follow the universe changes places like here and other comic sites. If it is really good and a game changer I will grab trades or second prints.

If it begins and ends with no consequence, like all the New 52 events to date, I will ignore it.

I predict it will cement their multiverse and open the door for original DCU stories/series to be produced concurrently with the New 52 one.

I honestly gave New 52 a chance, and wanted to love it. After a couple hundred books I can honestly say that, save Azzerello Wonder Woman, the revised versions of the characters are not nearly as compelling as their previous incarnations. (Aquaman kicked a$$ pre New 52 as well, no one really noticed or gave him a chance unfortunately)
I stopped reading New 52 a lot earlier than you. The Snyder/Capullo Batman stories were a lot of fun. I also liked Demon Knights but jumped off. I really need to go back and finish that series.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:47 AM   #14
kal-el
Statue Forum MacDaddy

it looks like Convergence and Secret Wars are the same thing . They continue to copy one another.
kal-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 07:11 AM   #15
supahman
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.

i thought they did it to give their employees time to move to California..
supahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 06:32 PM   #16
rgsniper1
Doh!

I'd be ok going back to pre-52.
rgsniper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #17
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

I may pick up the Red Rain Batman/Swamp Thing issues. Drawn by Kelley Jones, this may be too tempting to pass up.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #18
Fannymac
I bought some powdered water, but I don't know what to add to it.

I'm more open to the DC Convergence than I am to the Marvel Secret Wars.....I think the latter is just going to be an absolute mess. In fact, I think there's a very good chance that I won't be collecting any Marvel books within the next six months!
Fannymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #19
gomur
The Tick

I only discovered the travesty of New 52 "Wally West" yesterday. Retooling my childhood Flash as an urban youth from a broken home who gets in trouble with the law? Not only is it an offensive stereotype, but NOTHING like Wally West proper. I mean, when you deviate so much from a character with decades of history, why not - I don't know - make him a brand new bloody character?!?

I don't remember much outrage at this, but I can only imagine it's years removed from the New 52 debut. Maybe most of the Flash fans have moved on and let the DC brand slide? Or maybe the "brilliant" creative decisions have numbed us over time.

Anyway, no sooner had I started to wallow in self-pity, when I found out that MY Wally West was returning next week in the Convergence event. This will be the first comic I buy in years and I hope it does well enough to catch the attention of TPTB.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:09 PM   #20
PureInvasion

Read more into the convergence titles (now that full solicits have been out for awhile). Going to pick up a few titles that have interesting 'one off' stories. I'm fine with the 'New 52' era, but a few two-part titles in this event sound pretty cool

I still can't figure out if the main Convergence title will be amazing or a total turd.