Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 01-17-2015, 12:41 AM   #11
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Read through 34 of the issues so far and they all seem identical. Hoping the remaining 40 add more to the story.
This cracked me up way TOO much
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:55 AM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Yes, it takes place not long after the destruction of the Death Star. It was good at setting the tone, but like most first issues there wasn't time for much to happen.

I've always felt like the first time Vader and Luke meet should be on Cloud City in Empire. I feel like it takes away from that meeting to have them have met before, especially with lightsabers ignited. So we'll have to wait and see how that gets handled in this series.
Just saw a short video interview with Axel Alonso and Jason Aaron confirming it sakes place directly after A New Hope, confirming your post.
wktf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #13
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I thought it was decent. It felt a little more cinematic and classic Star Wars than most of the Star Wars comics we've seen lately. But Cassaday's art was a little problematic. As other people have mentioned, he wasn't that consistent when it came to the actor likenesses. I'd rather he stop worrying about photo reference and trying to be as accurate as possible and just draw. He's also not that great at depicting things like Vader's helmet or C-3PO's face. The cover to Star Wars #4 falls flat because of that:

Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote