Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 08-28-2018, 11:57 PM   #1
nywst
Doh!

XM Statue Recast or Not?

Hi, this is my first time posting ever so im sorry if this is the wrong place to post this or if I'm not allowed to make this type of post here.

I'm a new collector so please excuse my ignorance. I recently purchased a second hand XM studios venom and am trying to figure out if I purchased a recast statue. The statue itself came in the XM studios brown shipper with XM studios tape. The styrofoam inside had the logo embossed and had the XM straps. There was the art print and an instruction manual. The piece itself is heavy, feels like 30 pounds ish. The only reason why I am questioning if it is a recast is because there were quite a few paint flaws/scuffs on it. In addition to that the statue is a bit wobbly. By that I mean the whole statue including the base is not perfectly flat and will not actually stand flat on a flat surface (it is slightly slightly off). In addition to that, the sticker that is placed on the bottom of the statue (that says all the copyright info, brand names, edition number, etc. was not cut out perfectly and on one side of the base actually sticks out a bit. I have taken photos of all of these. I am a bit nervous because I spent a good chunk of money on this statue and would like it to be real. I own a black bolt and a black panther by XM and none of them have these issues. The registration code on the base of the statue is a bit faded but I managed to read it and it is indeed a real code for a venom statue but it says it has already been registered (presumably by the person who I bought it from). Anyway I was wondering if I may have purchased a recast statue or maybe if somehow someone recasted the statue and got a hold of someone elses legit packaging, art print, registration number, etc. and put the recast in it and sold it to me. Am I being too paranoid? lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-1.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	226.3 KB
ID:	116663   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	116664   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed-3.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	209.7 KB
ID:	116665   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	116666  
nywst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 11:59 PM   #2
nywst
Doh!

Also I purchased both the blackbolt and black panther new from a person in Singapore that deals a lot with XM statues so I am confident that those two are real.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:04 AM   #3
nywst
Doh!

Also the pieces (especially the body to the base) were kinda hard to slide in which I feel like is a bit uncharacteristic of XM pieces.
Old 08-29-2018, 12:11 AM   #4
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Contact the previous owner if possible ask if he still has it or if it sold where and when. Recast statues never have all original packing materials but you never know how good they get thto we days.

You joined over year ago only 3 posts????
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:18 AM   #5
nywst
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Contact the previous owner if possible ask if he still has it or if it sold where and when. Recast statues never have all original packing materials but you never know how good they get thto we days.

You joined over year ago only 3 posts????
Sorry i dont quite understand what you mean by "ask if he still has it or if it sold where and when". I currently have the statue in my possession (I purchased it).
Old 08-29-2018, 12:46 AM   #6
built2shred
Phoenix

1) Create a XM account
2) Ask the person who registered the statue to log into their XM account and transfer ownership to you. All you need to do is to give them your XM account name.

If the person won't do it then there is a good possibility that it's a recast.

Did you buy it on Ebay or was it through facebook, if it was through facebook did you use paypal? If the statue has broken parts or paint chips you can ask Paypal or Ebay for a refund because of those issues.

Also was their a thick black cardboard box with metal corners inside the brown shipper box? or was it just foam inside the shipper box?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:56 AM   #7
nywst
Doh!

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. It did come with the black box with metal corners. The packaging and contents (art print, etc) was basically on par with the other XM pieces that I own (and know are real) so I thought it was odd that the statue alone was a bit off.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:01 AM   #8
nywst
Doh!

Thanks for the advice.

He said he would transfer ownership to me earlier today but has yet to do so. I guess I'll wait a bit longer.

I did purchase on ebay so i guess at least I have buyer protection.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:39 AM   #9
built2shred
Phoenix

You might go through the XM Venom thread and see if anyone else had similar issues like yours.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:26 AM   #10
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Its real bro. Also my Venom when I had mine had the same wobble. Now thinking of it I have at least 3 XM pieces that wobble. Congrats on the piece.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote