Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 07-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #11
Sam
Hydra

I'm telling you dude, that stack was HUGE!
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:08 PM   #12
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I'm telling you dude, that stack was HUGE!
cracking my knuckles over here. gonna need a half dozen itoyas afterwards.

this one showed up today. got it for a smoking deal.

Invincible #86 page 2 pencils/inks Cory Walker
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:16 PM   #13
Simplyrob

here it is! crazy huge props to our fellow boardie, Sam! Sam not only picked this up and mailed it to me from Heroes, but, he also put me on the phone with Ottley from the con. this short conversation i had with my favorite artist is what spurred me into making reservations/plans for the SLC con in Sept. so, its all Sam's fault! thats what I'm gonna tell my wife. lol. absolutely love this page. a splash of my favorite character! can't be beat.

Invincible #98 page 6 pencils by Ryan Ottley

thanks again, Sam! as I've said before, you've got a credit with the house of Simply.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:07 AM   #14
Simplyrob

not sure how many of you guys prowl CAF for art or inquire as to said arts availability. i do this often. i got into a discussion with a fella off CAF the other day regarding some of his pages. he was super friendly and turns out he lives locally. well, i met up with him tonight, and came home with 11 Invincible pages (10 Walkers and 1 Ottley). he has 4 more pages I'm working on, 1 of which is one of my grail pages. anyways, it was a crazy freakin Invincible day around here.

Invincible #67 page 5 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #85 page 4 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #85 page 6 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #85 page 8 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #85 page 9 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #85 page 10 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #92 page 19 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #95 page 2 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #95 page 8 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Space Rider sketch by Cory Walker
Old 07-08-2014, 03:08 AM   #15
Simplyrob

and heres the amazing Ottley page i got tonight. sooooo badass!

Invincible #35 page 17 pencils/ink by Ryan Ottley
Old 07-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
whd
Suicide Squad

Congrats! More great pages!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:53 AM   #17
Simplyrob

well, i met up with homeboy again today. we had been texting about his other Invincible pages and turns out he had found an Ottley pencil page in his portfolio. he asked if i was interested and said he wasn't sure of the issue or page #, but he could find out. i told him it didn't matter, i wanted it. we made a deal and the time was set. as i was walking out the door, i got another text telling me he was bringing his last Walker Invincible page he had uncovered. sweet. this guy also has a splash from the viltrumite war that we discussed. he had bought it directly from Ryan at SDCC a few years back, and honestly, in my expert Invincible OA wisdom, think he paid waaaaayyyy too much. i understand he was wanting to get back what he paid, but, i didn't see the value in todays market. so, a first for me. passing on a page. sometimes i surprise myself. anyways. here are the other and final pieces from homeboys collection.

Invincible #93 page 1 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #92 page 9 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #94 page 7 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

Invincible #92 page 18 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

as i wrote above, i bought this page, unbeknownst to me as to which issue/page it was from, or who was on it. i only knew it was Ottley pencils. so freakin happy when i saw it was a Viltrumite war page with crazy action! Space Rider blasting his gun all over the place, Anissa and Allen battling, sooooo cool! needless to say, over the moon with this. i tried not to freak out too bad in front of him when he showed them to me.

Invincible #76 page 6 pencils by Ryan Ottley

and finally, one of my Invincible OA grails. i had about a half dozen pages that i would love to have in my collection. we all have grails. well, during one of Corys arcs in the Flaxan universe, Amanda (Monster Girl), bangs a Flaxan, but not as Amanda, as her superhero counterpart, Monster-Girl. well, she ended up being the father to a badass recently introduced, Monax. the conception page has been on my list since i saw it. i emailed Cory about it awhile back only to receive a very direct, "long gone". i didn't give up my search and lo and behold, one of the pages that the local homeboy had was it. couldn't believe it. unbelievable. seriously, how does that happen?

Invincible #95 page 14 pencils/ink by Cory Walker

guys, all in all, scored 17 pages from this dude including the 1st appearance of Space Rider, one of my grail pages, an Ottley Viltrumite war page, and literally over a dozen other great pages. he was very gracious and happy to move the pages into the hands of a true collector. i was equally happy with my acquisitions. so freaking stoked right now. wow.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:56 AM   #18
Simplyrob

also, i noticed tonight as i was thumbing through some tpb's, there are 3 pages dedicated to the Space Rider 1st appearance page in the sketchbook section in the back of volume 7. cool to see the "history" of the page as told by Kirkman.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:52 PM   #19
Simplyrob

another Ottley page arrived today. i believe, this is my first page featuring Brit!

Invincible #50 back-up page #1 pencils by Ryan Ottley

also, bought a new Itoya today. I'm awaiting a shipment that'll fill up my second. whew.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #20
Simplyrob

this one arrived today. beautiful splash, definitely cover worthy, featuring Anissa kicking Invincibles ass. woohoo!

Invincible #45 page 02 pencils/ink by Ryan Ottley