Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-19-2022, 02:01 PM   #321
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

The swords look great though, I wonder if they're metal. The closed mouth portrait looks like a good display option.

For some reason this statue reminds me of the adventure books from Joe Dever - Lone Wolf......good times.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:39 PM   #322
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
And even if this is less than 100 percent, it's still the best statue of him out there. Weta never has had that good of statues of him.
Are you serious? The Sideshow maquette is largely seen as the best statue likeness wise, and talking of Weta, have you not seen the Amon Hen statue which sold out before it even went up for pre order, or their new open edition classic series they've recently shown? All are much better than this!
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 02:54 PM   #323
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
Why is it so hard for people to just take a picture of the face from the front position? I really don't understand. And even if this is less than 100 percent, it's still the best statue of him out there. Weta never has had that good of statues of him.
Have you ordered this piece? If so, congratulations, ignoring the "controversy" around the piece, it will certainly have a big presence in your collection

With regards to Weta - didn't they release a 1/6 scale statue of Aragorn recently? That could be a good companion piece.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 03:37 PM   #324
Lorrcan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Are you serious? The Sideshow maquette is largely seen as the best statue likeness wise, and talking of Weta, have you not seen the Amon Hen statue which sold out before it even went up for pre order, or their new open edition classic series they've recently shown? All are much better than this!
I really like that Sideshow Aragorn. It's definitely my favourite concept wise, but it's a bit small for my tastes, which is also the trouble with almost all WETA products as well. I don't feel like any statue has captured Viggo's likeness at all. The tendency is always to make him a bit too heavy in the jaw for some reason.
Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:14 PM   #325
Thor Odinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
When was the last time Sideshow released a LoTR statue? I haven't been in the game that long, maybe like 3 years, so I'm not aware of it. But I know that many old Sideshow statues aren't that great in likeness. WETAs new ARAGORN HUNTER OF THE PLAINS doesn't look better than Prime1's face IMO.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 09:49 PM   #326
EStark
A day without sunshine is like... night.

It would help to not take the photos inside of a cave.
EStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:48 PM   #327
In Vino Veritas
Doh!

LOTR

So much controversy on this statue.
I mean I get it, this is Aragorn were talking about.
In Vino Veritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:16 AM   #328
clockwork463

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Vino Veritas View Post
this is Aragorn were talking about.
Doesn't look like him
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 02:07 PM   #329
T-Rex

If face and statue will be good enough a bunch of close pictures showing it’s magnificence will exist. As happened with other figures every time. This is something that is not going to happen here.

Regarding the Aragorn’s figures from other brands, IMO non of them look like Aragorn. The last release from Weta is (like the P1) very far from reality, the difference for me WAS, that I hoped P1 will do it great, something that I don’t spect from Weta anymore in life
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 12:43 AM   #330
Lorrcan

Personally, I think it's still a better likeness than anything Weta have produced, but it's 1/4 so that's expected.

Lorrcan is offline   Reply With Quote