Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-09-2018, 11:31 PM   #151
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
I like the possibility of such a big cast. Hoping for Psylocke, Colossus, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Archangel, regular Jean, and then some villains.
Seeing as these come out in two-packs, a Psylocke and Archangel would work, given their past.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:42 AM   #152
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markecho View Post
Nice acquire BurningRage! Thanks for sharing the pics. They certainly look like the prototypes.

Still not liking the style (although I love 90's X-Men) but really liking the idea of having that many members as a display!
That stand on Xavier's hoverchair and Rogue's plastic support are genuine eyesores.
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:59 AM   #153
kikoken
Shadowhawk

they do a psylocke then i ll have buy them all!
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:38 PM   #154
joelyface
Fantastic Four

Keep in mind this is the X-men animated series, not the 1990's Jim Lee X-men. Not really sure if people are confused, but I'm 99% sure they would not do a psylocke, or colossus/nightcrawler/archangel. Given those characters had minor cameos in the animated series. It's strange they even made a bishop figure, but he did appear in a number of different episodes across the seasons.
joelyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #155
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyface View Post
Keep in mind this is the X-men animated series, not the 1990's Jim Lee X-men. Not really sure if people are confused, but I'm 99% sure they would not do a psylocke, or colossus/nightcrawler/archangel. Given those characters had minor cameos in the animated series. It's strange they even made a bishop figure, but he did appear in a number of different episodes across the seasons.
If they were in the cartoon, they should be made. I mean, come on..
Old 08-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #156
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markecho View Post
Nice acquire BurningRage! Thanks for sharing the pics. They certainly look like the prototypes.

Still not liking the style (although I love 90's X-Men) but really liking the idea of having that many members as a display!

Hoping for the ff: to be revealed next.

Jean Grey (as Jean grey not in phoenix form)
Magneto
Mystique
Pyro
Blob
Avalanche
Apocalypse
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:27 AM   #157
Bea625
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyface View Post

Very true. There is a slim chance of Psylocke, Nightcrawler or Iceman being produced. Colossus and Archangel appeared in more episodes and big story arcs in the series. I would say Archangel and Cable would have the best chance of being produced. Outside of the main team, these two were in the most episdoes, along with Bishop. Aside from her sexual appeal, I don't get why Psylocke is so in-demand/popular. Cool character, but there are better female characters. I was huge fan of the series and own the DVDs. Psylocke was in maybe 2-3 episodes.

I'm really eager to see what they do with the villains. Magneto, Apocalypse, Sabertooth, Sinister, Juggernaut and Sentinels are musts. I'd love to see the Dark Phoenix, Sauron, Omega Red, The Blob or Mystique, but I don't know how deep they'll go. I still think these will drop in price in the secondary market. Too much for me right now. I'd like to see them at $60-$65 for two.
Bea625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 12:41 PM   #158
joelyface
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post
Very true. There is a slim chance of Psylocke, Nightcrawler or Iceman being produced. Colossus and Archangel appeared in more episodes and big story arcs in the series. I would say Archangel and Cable would have the best chance of being produced. Outside of the main team, these two were in the most episdoes, along with Bishop. Aside from her sexual appeal, I don't get why Psylocke is so in-demand/popular. Cool character, but there are better female characters. I was huge fan of the series and own the DVDs. Psylocke was in maybe 2-3 episodes.

I'm really eager to see what they do with the villains. Magneto, Apocalypse, Sabertooth, Sinister, Juggernaut and Sentinels are musts. I'd love to see the Dark Phoenix, Sauron, Omega Red, The Blob or Mystique, but I don't know how deep they'll go. I still think these will drop in price in the secondary market. Too much for me right now. I'd like to see them at $60-$65 for two.
Yah I feel the exact same! Curious too see if they're gonna do villains now, as the main cast is all done. I was really hoping for a Jean in her main costume, since she's always left out, but I doubt they would do 2 figures of her. I bought a ton of effects pieces to go with these, trying to amp up the display. I do wish certain characters that have energy based powers could've had some resin pieces ala figuarts zero. Beggars can't be choosers I guess... it's crazy in 25 years this is the first set of figures based on the production designs of the animated series.
joelyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #159
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea625 View Post

Because Psylocke is also an in-depth character. Sure, the character looks great, but that's not where it ends. At least for me. A lot more than some of the others who get more limelight, in my opinion.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:39 PM   #160
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy, but was Psylocke not in TAS too?

Granted not a main role like those already announced, but still. If Bishop made it, why not Psylocke?
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote