Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 02-25-2017, 09:15 AM   #31
Plume
Fantastic Four

I think the faces and the anatomy/designs on the Artgerm ones are all lovely - better than the older series, at least. But the ladies could really use some dynamic poses, as some of them are just sitting around, looking pretty. Curious to see what's next
Plume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:32 AM   #32
iceprince_x
Deadman

Too bad that the Adam Hughes Death statue didn't happen. I used to have the complete run and kicking myself for letting it go. It was truly the best representation of AH's Art.
iceprince_x is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:07 PM   #33
HarleyQuinn
The Spirit

I think they just wanted to finish out newer versions of all the old Covergirls (which they now have) before moving on to newer ones. STILL wishing for a Carol Ferris
HarleyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:02 AM   #34
Gothamite
Phoenix

Time for speculating! Who can take over art duties? Amanda Conner? Frank Cho?

Wave 4 will probably include, at a minimum:
Wonder Woman
Catwoman
Harley Quinn
Poison Ivy
Batgirl (Burnside outfit)
Starfire
Death

I wonder if DC will include someone completely out of left field like Mother Panic.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #35
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

I'd like to see them go with Ryan Sook, especially since his mini-bust line never came to pass. He seems like he'd be able to churn out some really classy designs on par with the Hughes line.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #36
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
I'd like to see them go with Ryan Sook, especially since his mini-bust line never came to pass. He seems like he'd be able to churn out some really classy designs on par with the Hughes line.
He's a great drawer, no doubt. I'd prefer Conner if only because she'll deliver on the playfulness design-wise that I think was lacking from the Artgerm line, as solid as those were. Sook and Yannick Paquette are kind of interchangeable in terms of drawing, for example, my ideal Zatanna and Wonder Woman, but they've never drawn any pose or expression I'd want to see translated into a collectible (which I understand is a different skill from storytelling in comic pages. Maybe he'll surprise me.)
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #37
Madcougar92
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
A Ryan Sook line would be cool. I also wouldn't mind seeing Yanick Paquette chosen as the lead artist for the line.
Madcougar92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:31 PM   #38
Gothamite
Phoenix

I should add that I would love to have Jack Mathews continue sculpting these statues.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:04 PM   #39
Kicksplode
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
I'd prefer Conner if only because she'll deliver on the playfulness design-wise that I think was lacking from the Artgerm line, as solid as those were.
The problem with Conner is that DC has a spotty track record translating her art into sculpted form. If the statues are going to turn out like the new Harley Quinn B&W statue, then I'd be all for it. But based on how some of her Women of the DCU busts turned out, I'm a little wary of a Conner-designed Cover Girls line.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:21 PM   #40
memoria_hotel
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Man if they went with Ryan Sook, I'd buy every piece in the line. Love how stylish his covers and pencils are. I'd also prefer Terry Dodson over Amanda Conner, tho a lot of his women do tend to look similar to one another.
memoria_hotel is offline   Reply With Quote