Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-09-2018, 06:25 PM   #181
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Cant you take a joke? Can't you have a laugh? The trolls aren't always on the 'outside'.

I'm forever in your debt for pointing out that statues are expensive. I have spent thousands on statues from Sideshow/Weta and now just Weta. I spent £666 on the Mouth of Sauron and would love the Iron Studios t-Rex diorama which is £2000 straight up, probably rising to £3000 after shipping and taxes, so don't try that one miladdo.

I'm not buying any CC products because of the shipping, taxes and previous issues, but I would if I could as the rotunda Rex looks brilliant. Neck not long enough? F***'off! If you're not sure about spending your precious money on it, then don't! I think many of you are being far too picky.
Ok pal

Last edited by Ninner; 10-09-2018 at 08:38 PM. Reason: No time for trolls
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #182
FROBAY
Phoenix

Okay, let's keep this thread civil.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:47 PM   #183
Enforcer
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I have been asking for this since BO rex and I must admit I did not expect them to do this since they were so determined not to do things that have been done before. Maybe that logic only applies to Robocop, it seems.

For the record I don't know what the fuss is all about on this. The thing looks fine to me. Though that paint app will be in question.

With that said, I'm in a bit of a shock over the scale decision and thus the price decision that comes with something this big. I expected such pieces as the BO rex scene to come in at scales that don't price out the majority of collectors. That's what I come to expect from CC. I also came to expect to hear about products months in advance, to give feedback and thoughts and concerns, in this case, about not going too big that people are priced out. I see business has changed at Chronicle. Nothing really wrong with that, I just didn't expect to see a RO rex, and while I didn't fully shut it down from ever happening in my mind, I certainly never would have guessed they'd go the 1:9 $1350 route, especially being CC and them knowing full well their track record with their customers for 1k+ pieces are pretty not stellar for them.

So I feel like this decision wasn't much of a decision, but a 'either do it in this scale and price or we won't do it at all because blank reason' IDK. For what it's worth, I'm not saying no to it just yet. I do know in order to say yes, I'm gonna have to feel the sting of $135 payments for ten months or $1350 at once. Neither I much appreciate for a CC rex scene statue but alas, that's the scale and price of admission. If I want to do something about it I better learn how to sculpt for myself. Trust me, I get it. But I don't have to like it

I just can't believe CC sat around their table one day discussing products to make, and somebody said hey, why don't we do a 1:9 RO rex for $1350? That'll sell like hot cakes to our customers! Yeah that's a great idea Joe, let's do that! I mean lol I am literally chuckling in real life while typing that out. It seems so absurd coming out of the Chronicle camp, you may as well believe pigs can fly. So again it feels like it was a 'either do it this way or we can't or won't do it at all because blank'

shrug

Pricing does seem right for the size, though. Though with Heather there holding it like it weighs nothing, IDK. We've been there done that about material and weight here on CC section but something this big you'd think she'd have to at least brace herself alittle to hold it there long enough for a picture. Even my tiny 1/20 BO rex has fair weight to it and it's tiny compared to this thing. Maybe it's just a proto thing. That's possible, I suppose. Like the proto is using lighter material but the production piece is going to be a beast in weight. Whatever.

Sorry to TLDR folk but I made this long since I probably won't be back any time soon so I threw everything out there as food for thought. If you must know,

1)I cried about size and price
2)I speculated the reasoning as CC was a champion of poor collectors but seemingly no more
3)I cried some more about size and price
4)I repeated my speculation because I like to hear myself think and type
5)I may or may not buy this
6)I apologized to you TLDR folk but truthfully I don't care because I like to hear myself think and type, so here we are.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to prepare to die apparently because another killer hurricane is on it's way. Gonna be one of those years!
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 09:58 PM   #184
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Be safe bro!!! Im here in orlando fortunately.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:49 AM   #185
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Maybe they decided to go the same way as P1, Imaginarium, IS, Cool props with huge statues at insane prices. Shipping and customs duties are lethal for me.
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:01 AM   #186
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
Cant you take a joke? Can't you have a laugh? The trolls aren't always on the 'outside'.
Next time put a smiley beside it. Lol!
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #187
clutch
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAIN MKII View Post
Maybe they decided to go the same way as P1, Imaginarium, IS, Cool props with huge statues at insane prices. Shipping and customs duties are lethal for me.
The industry will eventually eat itself.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:58 AM   #188
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:08 PM   #189
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Okay, let's keep this thread civil.
Sorry boss. I'm not a troll

Quote:
Next time put a smiley beside it. Lol!
Will do! Sorry for angry rant post. I'm not an angry man. Unless I'm driving. I probably need to work on that. Issues....
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:19 AM   #190
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I second that!
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote