Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Born this way « DIMIC
The original song by Lady Gaga has been covered many, many times before but I have to say, this one is one of my favorites!

A lover’s embrace is forever longed for in the dead of night « DIMIC
The best Darkstalkers statues are made by Pop Culture Shock. That's just undeniable. I still agree with that statement after seeing the Sota Darkstalkers statue called 'The Embrace'.

After fighting you I can’t help but wonder… Are my thighs really that thick? « DIMIC
Pop Culture Shock brings us a new statue in their Street Fighter Mixed Media line. And we like.

Land ahoy! Again! « DIMIC
If you've ever read my profile page or my previous Land ahoy! post, you might know that I like the Anno game series. I like them very, very much. And I love this special edition!

I did not program this foolishness into you! « DIMIC
And yet, here I am; ordering a Marvel/Comic statue of a character I do not know yet from Sideshow. Yes, we finally got another Marvel villain Premium Format. Give a big round of applause for; Ultron.

You have a great sense of humor, but maybe it’s because of your face? « DIMIC
I'm finally done with my resits which means; more time for DIMIC! Aren't we glad. Also means finally a new post, meaning a new review, for you to read. Or to watch the pretty pictures. Either way, whoopee.

I’m sorry to take the joy out of your joystick, Dr. Wily. « DIMIC
I love Megaman. I hate the games but I love Megaman. Well, hating is a big word, let me explain. I'm rather new in the whole retro gaming business, about five years now, so I never really gamed on a console before that. We started with a NES and some games. One of the first games we bought was Megaman.

He makes me laugh. « DIMIC
And Sideshow Collectibles makes me cry... This was one of the two statues that I really was looking forward to after SDCC. It looked so good and with that little penguin with her, it was awesome. And because I didn't believe that the penguin was the exclusive part of her, I kept wondering what it would be. It had so many possibilities!

Okay, Fire Sorcerer! Do your thing! « DIMIC
Every once in a while I can convince Ingis to buy something that isn't necessarily, totally, completely in agreement of our collecting boundaries. Technically, Yu-Gi-Oh isn't a game so normally, no Yu-Gi-Oh merchandise. One can argue though that, despite the fact it started as a card game, there are many games made of this wonderful TCG (Trading Card Game). So, technically, it's game merchandise what I bought. Jay me!

How about an unpolished vampire? « DIMIC
One of the only interesting product previews from Sideshow Collectibles on SDCC (San Diego Comic Con) was the Vampirella Premium Format. And finally, we've got the full review. And I saw it was goooooood!!!

Oh, on a side note... I know that Vampirella isn't a vampire (technically) but I like that sentence
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #12
I and I

I f*cking hate war wasps. « DIMIC
One of the only companies that makes nice game statues is First 4 Figures. It's also one of my favorite companies. They made (and are making) excellent Zelda, Sonic and Metroid Prime statues. On of their earliest Metroid Prime statues was the sexy Samus Aran in her Zero Suit. That suit first appeared in the GBA game Metroid: Zero Mission where she was striped of her Power Suit. And I don't think many will find it a bad thing she was 'striped'...

Stop screamin’ like a girl at a Backstreet Boys concert! « DIMIC
One of the major downsides that comic reading brought us was that we started to get interested in various Marvel characters. At first, I didn't really like this statue. Well, I didn't disliked it but it wasn't on my wanted list. Then I started to read X-23 in which a certain Cajun also appeared. I started to like him. A lot. And then I started to stare at a certain statue. And that was a big mistake...

All right, if you live, you’re in. « DIMIC
And finally, it's time to review our last Pop Culture Shock statue. If you've read my previous reviews, you'll already know how this one came into our possession. For those that do not know this already; we bought this one together with Vega and Cammy, both exclusives also, from a fellow ex-collector. Yeah, also exclusives! That's right. Now it's the time for our M. Bison SideShow Collectibles Exclusive!

Get over here! « DIMIC
Like I mentioned a while (almost 3 months) ago, Pop Culture Shock acquired a new license; Mortal Kombat. They also already announced their first MK statue which would be of Scorpion. Since he's one kick-ass character and all-time favorite of most people who ever played any of the Mortal Kombat games, he was wildly anticipated. And today he finally went in pre-order. So, get over here!

Keumaya – Pink Goat Daughter [NSFW] « DIMIC
I like sexy figures and one of my favorites are those from Keumaya. These figures take the detailed aspect so far that two of his figures have been banned on the Comiket toy fair in Japan. Yeah, I really like these figures even though I would never display them in the living room... Orrr maybe I would ^^

Warning
Rrrrreally not safe for work. Also not suitable for people under the age of 18. Not that you'd care, you'll probably click anyway. Just saying.

And by nothing, I mean everything. « DIMIC
The whole thing that makes collecting bearable, and affordable, is being able to set boundaries on what you collect. Well, technically, setting them isn't the hard part. Keeping them in place is... We started out collecting games, then we started to buy game related merchandise like gashapons and PVCs. Then the premium formats entered our life, starting with Darth Talon (coming soon on DIMIC) and She-Hulk. So far, we succeeded in keeping those newest boundaries although with great effort. But Kotobukiya just made it harder again to keep them in place with their newest prototype pictures for the next in line of their Bishoujo's; Mystique.

A funky Tiki is all you need « DIMIC
And finally, the last interview that I've send found it's way back to me. This time I'm grilling a company that's fairly new on our radar. Read on if you want to know more about Electric Tiki Design!

I had a dream « DIMIC
And more Star Wars commercials! This time they're parodies on Windows 7 and they're kinda funny...

Keep the buckets coming!! « DIMIC
And another statue got leaked before its reveal, this time it was the Jessica Rabbit Premium Format. This one is also going on our 'keep-a-close-eye-on'-list, she looks gorgeous!

Must you keep left? « DIMIC
I found new Star Wars commercials, and they're funny! Listen to Darth Vader and Yoda giving directions... Or at least trying to. I'm betting that a lot of people would get confused listening to these 'directions'.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #13
I and I

[dubble post]
Old 10-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #14
I and I

Flawless Victory « DIMIC
And we're back with another interview! This time it's another new company their turn. We talked already about one of their lines and now we're talking to the people behind Syco Collectibles themselves!
Old 10-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #15
I and I

The Biggest Comics, Sci-Fi and Anime Festival in the Benelux! « DIMIC
Well, that's what she said.
No seriously, this probably is indeed the biggest one here. Not that hard actually since we don't got a lot of these festivals or cons as they like to call it in the States. I'd love it to go to the SDCC or the YNCC or whatever someday but for now, this'll do. This'll do.

Here I am! No, wait, I’m over here! « DIMIC
I never played Portal. Yeah, I know. Shame on me. But I really do like the concept and the design. Hell, I even got a T-shirt with a Portal design on it and it's one of my favorites.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:08 AM   #16
I and I

May the stars shine down on you… « DIMIC
I loved the first Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii. Finished it and loved it all the way! Apart from one really annoying boss fight...
Haven't bought the second one yet, but it's on my To-Buy-List. And of course, I love merchandise. Especially, Nintendo merchandise.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #17
I and I

Let us dance! « DIMIC
I don't believe it! Most companies take about a year before releasing the pre-orders for a new product in a line but Syco Collectibles just released the third one from their Enchanted Warriors line: Mileena. Here's hoping that they haven't bitten more then they can chew...
Old 10-31-2011, 05:59 PM   #18
I and I

Hey, look! I got me a heavy object! « DIMIC
We are not really into collecting merchandise related to Marvel. We have some Sideshow PF's in our collection, mostly female. This is related to the sub-agreement in the agreements about the exceptions we will possibly consider to add in the collection, however we don't really accept them in general rules 'cause they are bound to be an exception. But sometimes there are some releases that are even not considered normally in the footnotes in those sub-agreements. What to do...
Old 11-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #19
I and I

Link! Look out! « DIMIC
Quite a while ago I reviewed the first statue from the Master Arts line of First 4 Figures which was the incredible Zant. Now, almost a year after I pre-ordered it, it's the turn for the second statue of this series: Wolf Link and Midna.
Even though I don't like one of F4F choices regarding this statue (namely; increasing the edition size after the initial pre-order opened), this statue is still well worth the wait.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
I and I

Look mommy! It’s a glowing Akuma! « DIMIC
You know I like art. Especially game related art. And I like that art even more when the artist gives it a little twist. How's this for a twist: Street Fighter / Tron?!