Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 07-21-2016, 02:33 AM   #451
Maxwell
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That's a nice looking Koto collection you got there Maxwell.
Thank you ^^
Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 06:49 AM   #452
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Fantastic, Vecchio1. Best BP pound for pound IMO. Lovely Wanda too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
Just got mine, he is fantastic. Will take better pics of him and maybe do a video after the SDCC weekend xD

Excellent line-up, Maxwell. Don't think I don't notice your collection stretching off to the right.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 12:30 AM   #453
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

So I bought the statue off Amazon Warehouse deals. Got a good price on it. The statue looks to be in fine shape however the box is bad. Now I knew this going in but Now I'm thinking perhaps I should have just held on a bit and got a new one. I'm not worried about resell value I want the piece but If I would chose to sell it the box would impact the price. Again I knew the box would have damage going in so this is on me but would it be worth taking the hit for the return (probably around $14) to grab a new one. Keep in mind this is all over a box which may be silly.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #454
Vykk Draygo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
So I bought the statue off Amazon Warehouse deals. Got a good price on it. The statue looks to be in fine shape however the box is bad. Now I knew this going in but Now I'm thinking perhaps I should have just held on a bit and got a new one. I'm not worried about resell value I want the piece but If I would chose to sell it the box would impact the price. Again I knew the box would have damage going in so this is on me but would it be worth taking the hit for the return (probably around $14) to grab a new one. Keep in mind this is all over a box which may be silly.
Doesn't amazon have free returns? I've rarely every had to return something to amazon, but on the occasion I had to, the process to print the return postage went through their site and I wasn't charged. And Amazon Warehouse Deals is part of amazon, so I would think it would work the same way.
Vykk Draygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:11 AM   #455
Maxwell
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Lol really overdue but I was finally able to make a quick video of him. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/RKeulYa7AZA
Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:12 AM   #456
Griffon
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell View Post
Lol really overdue but I was finally able to make a quick video of him. Cheers!

https://youtu.be/RKeulYa7AZA
Great throwback intro, good video review.
Griffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:08 AM   #457
xforce
Hydra

Saw this at my local LCS and was so looking forward to buying it, but the paint apps for me killed it. The black matte they chose is VERY VERY underwhelming in my opinion. So I regretfully passed I still have my bowen classic BP so I will be sticking with that one
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #458
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
Saw this at my local LCS and was so looking forward to buying it, but the paint apps for me killed it. The black matte they chose is VERY VERY underwhelming in my opinion. So I regretfully passed I still have my bowen classic BP so I will be sticking with that one
For me, it was the exact opposite. I had a choice between the Koto Panther and the BD classic action Panther and I was blown away by how great the Koto Panther turned out. As soon as I saw the Koto BP at my LCS I jumped online and picked one up. Now he's proudly displayed in my Avengers lineup next to my BD museum Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Hey, at least there's some great options when it comes to BP in 1/6 scale. The only thing that's important is that you get the one that you like best for your collection. It looks like we both did that.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #459
Naru
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
It's a really nice sculpt Kudos to Erick yet again . A bit reminiscent of the Venom pose and it fits the Panther well.
Hope they'd do a Classic costume variant for him but that's not a Kotobukiya thing.
Would have been an instant buy for me with the classic costume and it would have fit in better with the Classic Avengers Line even though its a standalone piece and the base is actually better and different from that Classic series.
Not a fan of the modern costume unfortunately and anyone who suggests get it customized.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Y'know Naru.... you could have it customized.

Jus' sayin'.

Quote:
Hahaha yet another customization on a Koto piece... No thanks.

Damnit! Here we go again. Customized my Black Panther to how he was when I started reading comics. Was a lot of work but really happy with the way he turned out. He fits in better with the Classic Avengers like a glove now.
Hope you guys like it. Cheers

Link to the YouTube video.
https://youtu.be/aiVolWV0pwo

Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #460
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Damnit! Here we go again. Customized my Black Panther to how he was when I started reading comics. Was a lot of work but really happy with the way he turned out. He fits in better with the Classic Avengers like a glove now.
Hope you guys like it. Cheers

Sweet custom!!
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote