Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-17-2018, 07:13 PM   #1251
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Congrats, glad you got a undamaged Little Mermaid.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:35 PM   #1252
randy_marsh
I am da law!

Got the purple little mermaid in this afternoon, her butt er tail is super cute lol
randy_marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:41 AM   #1253
dechirico7
The Flash

Received my variant from bbts, but there is a spot between the little hip fin and her skin that bugs me. It looks like the factory tried touching it up and brushed some of the skintone onto the fin. Not sure what to do.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #1254
AC_808
Hercules

Just noticed that the Store Exclusive is sold out on BBTS, Secret Compass and Midtown Comics.

For some reason Entertainment Earth and SpecFiction don't have her listed. Or I could just be blind.

Hope you guys got yours...
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #1255
nearmint
Phoenix

Bedrock City still has the variant. Not sure how many, but here's a link...

Little Mermaid Variant
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #1256
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Just noticed that the Store Exclusive is sold out on BBTS, Secret Compass and Midtown Comics.

For some reason Entertainment Earth and SpecFiction don't have her listed. Or I could just be blind.

Hope you guys got yours...
I don't believe SpecFiction deals with Sideshow at all. They are not listed under the available brands when you click search brand.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:18 AM   #1257
tiradical
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdragon View Post
My LM showed up yesterday, and first and foremost, let me say that this is one of the most beautiful pieces Sideshow has ever produced, period. She's basically an art nouveau sculpture masquerading as a Disney character... I did encounter the now notorious issue of her arms being misaligned with her hands, but I was ready with a plan of attack that solved the issue in under 10 minutes. Since her arms were misaligned enough so that I was unable to fit them correctly even with the "insert arms first and then press firmly on her backside" procedure, I used the following steps to fix the issue - I am recounting them here in case anyone else runs into this and wants a simple, fast, and effective way to get her fitting perfectly:

You'll need the brown shipper box she comes in, a shoe box (or similarly sized box), and a hair dryer...
  1. Place the open shipper box on the floor laying on its side
  2. Place the shoebox about 18 inches from the openend of the shipper box
  3. lay the hair dryer on the shoe box so that the nozzle points toward the open end of the shipper box
  4. Place the statue body in the shipper box towards the back of the box
  5. Turn on the hair dryer, set to LOW heat, so that it is blowing warm air into the box
  6. Go read Statue Forum posts for 7 minutes
  7. Turn off the hair dryer, and remove the statue body from the box. She should be warm to the touch.
  8. Place her arms in the hand mounts so that they align as desired, and press the back gently into the base - you shouldn't feel any resistance as you seat her back into the base.

That should work for pretty much any misalignment case... Anyway, here are some hero shots of her - enjoy!
Thank you so much for the advice! Received my retail version #29 and the body was misaligned by about 1 cm. And while the fit still isn't perfect after your advice, it's at least passable now. I'm just glad I won't have to go through BBTS or Sideshow for a fix.
tiradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #1258
Ladybugy
Frackin!

Eugh, just heard back from my retailer and Sideshow have said they have no replacement tails as they strictly made 1200. So I have the option to return for a full refund or take $25. I really want the statue, so I guess I'm taking the credit.
Ladybugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:15 PM   #1259
Ladybugy
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Received my variant from bbts, but there is a spot between the little hip fin and her skin that bugs me. It looks like the factory tried touching it up and brushed some of the skintone onto the fin. Not sure what to do.
Any photos? Could it be glue? Mine has a lot of glue around her waistline.
Ladybugy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #1260
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Bedrock City still has the variant. Not sure how many, but here's a link...

Little Mermaid Variant

Never heard of Bedrock City Comics before. Bookmarked their website in case I need to buy from them in the future.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote