Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 06-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #311
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I've been watching this thread daily and it always gets me going. I have always intended to buy the bust, but the price just seems insane. I recently acquired the Cool Props Alien Warrior and Dog busts, so this would complete the trifecta. The price just drives me insane, but HR Giger is my all time favorite artist, and this bust/maquette are some of his defining pieces.

I wonder how long before they sell out and how much this would go for once sold out, in the aftermarket?
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #312
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I've been watching this thread daily and it always gets me going. I have always intended to buy the bust, but the price just seems insane. I recently acquired the Cool Props Alien Warrior and Dog busts, so this would complete the trifecta. The price just drives me insane, but HR Giger is my all time favorite artist, and this bust/maquette are some of his defining pieces.

I wonder how long before they sell out and how much this would go for once sold out, in the aftermarket?
Who knows if almost sold out means 5 left or 100. In the aftermarket, anything Giger is priced ridiculously high that I’ve seen. Or be very lucky if a well priced one goes up but sold ASAP. I would say if you REALLY want it then buy now and not aftermarket. Less hassle and regret. Of course you should be set on if it’s needed in your collection because of the high price tag. Weigh in the likes and dislikes of others and your own opinions. It’s not perfect but I personally love it. The presence is phenomenal and exudes Giger.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:26 AM   #313
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Congrats Python! Hopefully, you get that replaced ASAP!
Thank you Masa, me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
I've been watching this thread daily and it always gets me going. I have always intended to buy the bust, but the price just seems insane.

I don't think anybody in their right mind will try arguing this point. The bust is definitely more expensive than it should have been. BUT.... if you find yourself looking at it daily, as I was. You might be disappointed down the line if you don't pay up and grab one. Only you can decide whether this will be the case or not. Even though I'm having issues, I'm happy I finally decided to buy it, this is THE Giger alien collectible currently.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:23 AM   #314
goto
Mephisto

I´m searching for a long time the perfect Big Chap bust and hope i will not be disappointed when i see it in person but what i see on all of the pics this makes me happy.
Yes the price is shocking but for an ultimate pice that don´t need an update anymore i pay this money.
Hey Phyton have some pics for us please?
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #315
Python
Omega Red

Sure, here's a few. This thing is fairly difficult to show off well in images. If my initial thoughts seemed harsh, don't let them put you off of this. I expected an awful lot for over $2k is all. This doesn't live up to it price tag, but it is a thing of beauty. It's growing on me already...

this image taken with flash

Old 06-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #316
Python
Omega Red

Old 06-22-2018, 01:48 PM   #317
goto
Mephisto

Wonderful!

Many thanks Phyton
I can not wait to get mine.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #318
Masa_yodamorph
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

NICE Python! I really like that shelf, very unique.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:15 PM   #319
AlwaysAlien
Frackin!

I will say it does look pretty cool and I think the skull under the dome looks awesome.

However I think I agree that the price tag is way too high. Half the price and I would be sold!

If those are the scratches down its right side then that's also pretty bad!

Thanks for the comparisons to the Sideshow bust as well. In a strange way if the sideshow one had a repaint and chromed teeth (and maybe a slightly more transparent dome?) I think I might prefer it over the cp one which is kinda mad.

Anyway thanks for sharing and I hope they sort you out with a replacement!
AlwaysAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 06:00 PM   #320
Python
Omega Red

Thanks guys! Goto, If you like what you see in my pictures, you'll be happy in person. And AA, yeah, I didn't think you would make the scratches out as they are mostly hidden by the glare in these images. But they're there alright...