Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-16-2018, 11:27 PM   #291
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
He knew it was coming he was just wondering when.
When?

I'd say he engineered it.

There were a butt-load of pre-orders thrown up in the short period of time before offloading the company.

It's like he was squeezing the last bit out of the dried up lemon before throwing it to a couple of other schmucks.

As for PCS's boom, I'd say Jerry owes a lot of credit to John Cleary. It was his sculpts that really made people sit-up and take notice. After that, the OG's went up in value simply for the fact they were hard to get and people wanted some of their favourite characters to go with their sexy new Sagat... what followed was the flippers and the FOMO and here we are.

For the record, I still feel that PCS will get through this and survive. They'll even build their new crew of dedicated followers and I wish them all the best. I believe there is no need to wish ill will on the new owners or the establishment, considering the mess they were left with and all the hard work they are doing to get the promised statues out to collectors.

Finally, this should be a lesson to all collectors, only buy the things you truly want, or spend the money you are okay to lose. These things aren't investments, it's nice if they go up in value but it's not something you should count on. Don't get caught up by the hype, you know what you like, don't let others tell you you'd be crazy to miss out on a particular item, just cause.
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #292
actionjackson83
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
You know both the answers:
Contact PCS by email.
Possibly screwed in the long term and definitely in the short term.
I did email them, once a week... all silence not even an acknowledgement except for their auto-reply. I returned my broken Ryu 1:3 back in may. I shipped back my broken Poison to SS who said they would handle the RMA but not the refund and that was send back in september....
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:38 PM   #293
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
When?

I'd say he engineered it.

There were a butt-load of pre-orders thrown up in the short period of time before offloading the company.

It's like he was squeezing the last bit out of the dried up lemon before throwing it to a couple of other schmucks.

As for PCS's boom, I'd say Jerry owes a lot of credit to John Cleary. It was his sculpts that really made people sit-up and take notice. After that, the OG's went up in value simply for the fact they were hard to get and people wanted some of their favourite characters to go with their sexy new Sagat... what followed was the flippers and the FOMO and here we are.

For the record, I still feel that PCS will get through this and survive. They'll even build their new crew of dedicated followers and I wish them all the best. I believe there is no need to wish ill will on the new owners or the establishment, considering the mess they were left with and all the hard work they are doing to get the promised statues out to collectors.

Finally, this should be a lesson to all collectors, only buy the things you truly want, or spend the money you are okay to lose. These things aren't investments, it's nice if they go up in value but it's not something you should count on. Don't get caught up by the hype, you know what you like, don't let others tell you you'd be crazy to miss out on a particular item, just cause.

^ True!

Yes Cleary. Can't give Cleary enough credit. Guile! Baraka! Alex! Vega! Zangief! Gouken! Goro!
Cleary! Cleary! Cleary! Cleary! Cleary! Cleary! Cleary!

His portfolio is magnificent.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/johnclea...=page_internal

The lesson to all collectors is don't PreOrder. Period.

Despite it all I still want PCS to be a success.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 11:46 PM   #294
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
I did email them, once a week... all silence not even an acknowledgement except for their auto-reply. I returned my broken Ryu 1:3 back in may. I shipped back my broken Poison to SS who said they would handle the RMA but not the refund and that was send back in september....
PM'd.
Old 10-17-2018, 12:15 AM   #295
StatueDiva
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Not pre-ordering from PCS is probably a good idea, not pre-ordering in general is a bad idea. If everyone did that then this hobby would be dead.
StatueDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:04 AM   #296
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Got my credit. Can finally clean my hands of this nightmare and dealing with this company.
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:31 AM   #297
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueDiva View Post
Not pre-ordering from PCS is probably a good idea, not pre-ordering in general is a bad idea. If everyone did that then this hobby would be dead.
If the "industry" can only survive on pre-orders tehn perhaps it is time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Got my credit. Can finally clean my hands of this nightmare and dealing with this company.
Man still no email for me.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:37 AM   #298
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Same here.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:23 AM   #299
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I for one will keep my 1:3 Goro, Sagat and Chun Li orders I'm going down with the ship if that's what it takes they're just THAT good. That being said, while we are all here panicking and running for the hills PCS just continues to ship product and release teasers of upcoming product (1:3 Cammy) and show updates of excisting PO's (1:3 Rambo).
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:06 AM   #300
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

So how does the credit work? Where will it show up on my account and how do I use it?
Gyro Zeppeli is online now   Reply With Quote