Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 10-06-2014, 04:41 AM   #101
Askani81
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butttornado View Post
Customize the koto archangel. It's an amazing statue. I love mine, and it's well worth it. I can't wait for rogue, it's my most anticipated... Then the long wait for jubilee...
Awesome piece!
Askani81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #102
Jokerbone
Justice League

Quote:
Customize the koto archangel. It's an amazing statue. I love mine, and it's well worth it. I can't wait for rogue, it's my most anticipated... Then the long wait for jubilee...
That's a sick repaint. Might have to travel down that path now.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:06 PM   #103
Butttornado
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Thanks! I love it.
I went all in, trying to form gold and blue xmen teams. I'm just missing rogue and jubilee. I would prefer a white storm also. I've been really picky about which ones I get. I didn't want to settle for any lackluster offerings. I'm not a fan of the archangel by bowen or the rogue.
Butttornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 04:01 PM   #104
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Looks really good, I love that statue and wish they would have done a variant pink and blue repaint like they did with deadpool.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #105
supermn619
The X-Men

Quote:
Who painted this bad boy!?!??!?! sweet
supermn619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #106
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
I contemplated doing this a while back, but I didnt want the same sculpt of Archangel represented in my X-Men and X-Force displays. Maybe if I get a whole new base customized and find one that is cheap or slightly damaged...then I would consider this. I have the same Koto Wolverine and Deadpool sculpts representing in my X-Men and X-Force displays, but they both have different bases.

I saw two other custom repaints and while they were pretty good, I wasnt influenced enough to follow suit. Yours on the other hand is sick!!! I would def get mine done the same way as yours! Shoot me a PM with your guys info (if you think he would be up for doing another custom paint job like yours).
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:58 PM   #107
Hellsbells51
Nightwing

Quote:
Thanks! I love it.
I went all in, trying to form gold and blue xmen teams. I'm just missing rogue and jubilee. I would prefer a white storm also. I've been really picky about which ones I get. I didn't want to settle for any lackluster offerings. I'm not a fan of the archangel by bowen or the rogue.
Same here, I dont like the Bowen 90s Rogue and I wasnt too big on the Archangel, but it grew on me...though I think he is a bit out of scale so that (and his going rate on eBay) prevented me from purchasing. I also do not like the action Iceman from Bowen...so I am holding off and hoping Koto approves the mock up that Erick did.
Hellsbells51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:15 AM   #108
Butttornado
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
I contemplated doing this a while back, but I didnt want the same sculpt of Archangel represented in my X-Men and X-Force displays. Maybe if I get a whole new base customized and find one that is cheap or slightly damaged...then I would consider this. I have the same Koto Wolverine and Deadpool sculpts representing in my X-Men and X-Force displays, but they both have different bases.

I saw two other custom repaints and while they were pretty good, I wasnt influenced enough to follow suit. Yours on the other hand is sick!!! I would def get mine done the same way as yours! Shoot me a PM with your guys info (if you think he would be up for doing another custom paint job like yours).
Thanks for the compliments! I actually did the repaint myself. I'm an artist, so it wasn't too hard. It's just time consuming and I don't know if I could charge enough to make it worth my time. I painted it all by brush, so it was a labor of love. I did the same to my koto wolverine faces, and the cyclops koto.

Btw, I absolutely hated the base color they chose on all the x force pieces. It looks like suburban stucco or they're at a construction site. I painted it a dark stone to better represent the character and colors. You can always just use mine as a template for your own custom
Butttornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #109
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
I freaking love this piece dude. It's a travesty we didn't get one like this produced.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 02:54 PM   #110
markecho
A day without sunshine is like... night.

thanks to StringKeyRhythm for the pic!

Looking good!!!

markecho is offline   Reply With Quote