Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-20-2016, 12:01 PM   #51
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
That looks like it would be fun to paint
Tell me about it....I don't see how any one of the Carnages would or could be painted exactly the same. I'm sure there would be some part of the black parts on his body that would be different...unless they have a method of printing the sculpt to whereby you can feel and see the areas that should be painted black!

Some may disagree with this...but I think this would be far more difficult to paint than a Predator statue...and I don't say that lightly.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #52
toe
Alpha Flight

I cant wait to put this next to my SS Carnage
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 12:49 PM   #53
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I love the look on it but they gotta add the classic carnage with the black straight teeth similar to the proto.. but love everything else about it!! Cant wait. Im hoping xm will confirm this one will have a few head options and hopefully a cletus cassidy transformig head
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:01 PM   #54
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Tell me about it....I don't see how any one of the Carnages would or could be painted exactly the same. I'm sure there would be some part of the black parts on his body that would be different...unless they have a method of printing the sculpt to whereby you can feel and see the areas that should be painted black!

Some may disagree with this...but I think this would be far more difficult to paint than a Predator statue...and I don't say that lightly.
yeah it honestly looks like an absolute nightmare, none of these will be the exact same unless theyre printed in color. I attempted to paint a carnage horizon model kit several years back but gave up after doing the black parts on the head and neck, it just wasn't worth it
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:30 PM   #55
built2shred
Phoenix

just my opinion, but I rather not have a change out portrait because it would leave a gap around his neck. I rather have this be all one piece so it flows better.

again just my 2 cents....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:35 PM   #56
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Can we at least see a head with his tongue in his mouth. For some reason that stupid tongue is so distracting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
yeah it honestly looks like an absolute nightmare, none of these will be the exact same unless theyre printed in color. I attempted to paint a carnage horizon model kit several years back but gave up after doing the black parts on the head and neck, it just wasn't worth it
I would think it could be kinda cool to have them handpainted, but they would have different spots on them. And as we know XM checks each piece for QC, I don't think the owners would be hurt by that decision while saving the painters some headaches.

I could at least believe that is "artistic license" unlike SS using that line.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:38 PM   #57
built2shred
Phoenix

You could make the end of the tongue magnetic so you could remove it, that way you wouldn't have to display the tongue if you didn't want to.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 01:40 PM   #58
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
just my opinion, but I rather not have a change out portrait because it would leave a gap around his neck. I rather have this be all one piece so it flows better.

I just think theres too many fans that need the classic carnage head tho.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:07 PM   #59
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
You could make the end of the tongue magnetic so you could remove it, that way you wouldn't have to display the tongue if you didn't want to.
That's a pretty great idea built!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #60
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:

I actually disagree.... only if done correctly though. I think with the black symbiote against the red could actually camouflage the gap around the neck if it all flows, you know what I'm saying?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote