Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:56 AM   #2501
NEMISIS PRIME
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Location: Y'all crazy as hell paying 5k for doom on throne!!!
Please please rework black cat hair it's just not xm quality please is it too late?
Old 06-06-2017, 09:26 AM   #2502
TB-303
Fantastic Four

Shipping & preorder dates on the XM website would still be very helpful. I know delays are part of the game. But simply not to publish any information at all is really ridiculous.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #2503
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Bryan -- has a decision been made on the color of Storm's suit?

The silver paints used on Moonknight would be perfection for her. Perhaps a touch darker, but not by much.

Those paints really are too great to not have used on another character, and Storm really is the only one who would fit that bill.

(Also, the comic accurate suit is not white, it's silver)
Old 06-08-2017, 12:23 AM   #2504
KELPIE
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
I think Shocker may have too little fan base for us to commercially pull it off?
I would say Shocker is a must as far as Spider-Man rogues go.

I'd be curious how you work out the viability of a character?

I mean, there have been some characters made, that Shocker would be just as popular if not more so. Does a license determine how popular you need the character to be? Like if you absolutely loved Night-Watch, or Cardiac for example, could you do that, or would Marvel come in and say no, we want you to do another A-List instead?

Anyway, I support the calls for a Shocker statue.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:47 AM   #2505
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
O where, o where has my Transformers gone;
O where o where could they be?

Bryan, what is going on with my beloved metal people? They need someone to appreciate them for the rest of his days.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:24 AM   #2506
Joel
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Those are some great inputs... though not sure if it's a little late but I'll be passing on these to the team to review for sure!
I also really hope you can. It really needs a more special finish. When I first saw WIP on this I wanted to PO even though I have no interest in the character whatsoever. I just thought it would look so special, then I saw final finish.

The thing I expected was a really wet look to the whole thing but especially the water and octopus. The octopus is so well sculpted if it looked proper wet and slimey (just like an octopus would) I think this peice would be spectacular. The water all really needs high gloss where the white wash isn't (hope that makes sense also) to make I look like water and not a cartoon finish.

This guy is from the water, on an animal fresh out the water and water is included as a very important part of the base.... please make it look like it's wet!
Old 06-19-2017, 09:36 PM   #2507
Swordsman
Death is hereditary.

Dear Bryan,

Why is Dragon Tiger Gate statues till now is not shipped despite the PO started way earlier than some of the marvel statues and yet those marvel statues already shipped ?

Any good reason for the delay ??
Old 06-21-2017, 01:58 PM   #2508
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Bryan --

Is it possible for Batgirl to have two (2) display options? In the previewed sketch, she was facing the same direction as the goon buried in the rubble. However, the 3D render has her facing in the opposite direction of the goon. The 3D render takes up a larger display footprint (aka -- she sticks out a lot father).

Could XM design the base like Vultures only in Batgirl's case have attachment points on opposite sides of the base? That way she could attach to the base and be displayed as either the previewed sketch, OR the 3D render. AND the holes wouldn't show because they are on opposite sides of the base. Everything else would be the same. It's just two sets of attachment holes.

And about Red Skull -- why have the arm band and flag changed? Both were flawless before. Now the flag is a simple, boring design. And the arm band is black instead of red, which blends in with his jacket (and is not comic accurate).

Can XM please change those pieces back to what has been displayed at conventions? That piece is a SOTY contender with all its minute, comic accurate, flawless details. That statue is THE Red Skull. The changes seem unnecessary and lackluster.
Old 06-21-2017, 03:38 PM   #2509
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMISIS PRIME View Post
Please please rework black cat hair it's just not xm quality please is it too late?
I am not sure if it is just not captured in photos well due to it being white. But if it needs tweaking it should hopefully be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Bryan --

Is it possible for Batgirl to have two (2) display options? In the previewed sketch, she was facing the same direction as the goon buried in the rubble. However, the 3D render has her facing in the opposite direction of the goon. The 3D render takes up a larger display footprint (aka -- she sticks out a lot father).

Could XM design the base like Vultures only in Batgirl's case have attachment points on opposite sides of the base? That way she could attach to the base and be displayed as either the previewed sketch, OR the 3D render. AND the holes wouldn't show because they are on opposite sides of the base. Everything else would be the same. It's just two sets of attachment holes.

And about Red Skull -- why have the arm band and flag changed? Both were flawless before. Now the flag is a simple, boring design. And the arm band is black instead of red, which blends in with his jacket (and is not comic accurate).

Can XM please change those pieces back to what has been displayed at conventions? That piece is a SOTY contender with all its minute, comic accurate, flawless details. That statue is THE Red Skull. The changes seem unnecessary and lackluster.
Also agree on Batgirl's footprint being massive and unnecessary, I am sure it can be done a similar manner without it being undisplayable in the majority of collectors homes.

Also agree on the Red Skull armband becoming black instead of red. The Hydra in the armband should at least be red as some sort of compromise if its a Disney issue with the armband otherwise it just blends in.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:09 PM   #2510
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Hi Bryan, congrats for the Samurai Line global license. will the ES be increased or will it stick under 1000 ?
Closed Thread