Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-10-2011, 11:52 PM   #11
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

In recent years the scramble over low numbers seems to have died down a bit, thankfully, as it really is all rather silly. Though anything marked #1 will still, unsurprisingly, catch certain collectors eyes, for no other reason than because it says #1 of (however many) on it.

Personally I've never cared about numbering, the only numbers that to me actually add anything to a piece are numbers that are somehow themselves significant and reflective of the piece in question, and thus kinda cool to have.

For example a Jedi Luke PF that was numbered 83 (the year Return of the Jedi came out), a Hard Hero Conan, Belit and Zula set that were all numbered 88 of their respective runs (the issue number of the Conan cover art they were based on) - which someone on this board actually has, or an Alien Queen 1:1 bust that was #86 (again the year of the film release), those to me are cool numbers to have, because they add just a little tiny bit extra to owning those particular pieces, but other than that to me numbers are rather irrelevant and interchangable really.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:58 PM   #12
ratchet
Mandarin

I know what you mean Sledge - a Wolverine #181 would be cool - things like that
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 12:02 AM   #13
THE_BEAST
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Hard Hero's Thundercats AP statues are signed. Where as the regular edition is not.
THE_BEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:40 AM   #14
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
I know what you mean Sledge - a Wolverine #181 would be cool - things like that
Yeah, exactly.

Such things aren't particularly important perhaps, but still kind of neat to have all the same if you happened to get lucky and get such a number.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 10:55 PM   #15
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
In recent years the scramble over low numbers seems to have died down a bit, thankfully, as it really is all rather silly. Though anything marked #1 will still, unsurprisingly, catch certain collectors eyes, for no other reason than because it says #1 of (however many) on it.

Personally I've never cared about numbering, the only numbers that to me actually add anything to a piece are numbers that are somehow themselves significant and reflective of the piece in question, and thus kinda cool to have.

For example a Jedi Luke PF that was numbered 83 (the year Return of the Jedi came out), a Hard Hero Conan, Belit and Zula set that were all numbered 88 of their respective runs (the issue number of the Conan cover art they were based on) - which someone on this board actually has, or an Alien Queen 1:1 bust that was #86 (again the year of the film release), those to me are cool numbers to have, because they add just a little tiny bit extra to owning those particular pieces, but other than that to me numbers are rather irrelevant and interchangable really.
Those are cool examples. How would you feel about an AP #1, though?

(And yes, I know Sledge Hammer! hasn't logged into SF.com since March 2016.)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:36 AM   #16
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

What confuses me is when companies call a variant statue an AP. For instance some of the Clay Moore pieces.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote