Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 12-21-2017, 10:59 AM   #11
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Lady Maria statue from Bloodborne, which doesn't have near the popularity of most of these characters. Social media response and activity here would suggest that there's no interest, but it's one of Prime 1's best sellers.

It's just flawed logic to take the forum or social media as a major indication of interest.
never heard of that character, so I can't comment. How else would one judge interest then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
The Hot Toys one did very well of this variant. I just wish they would have done a new head sculpt for those of us who have the regular version and make it easier to justify having both.
but your talking almost a $2,000 difference between the two. Plus, there are a lot more 1/6 collectors than 1/2. ES is way too high on this imo.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #12
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post

but your talking almost a $2,000 difference between the two. Plus, there are a lot more 1/6 collectors than 1/2. ES is way too high on this imo.
I just meant that the variant is popular as clearly shown by the HT version selling out so quick. Who knows how many that was, 10K? more?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:31 PM   #13
azurepred
Zot

I agree the outfit in general is popular for somewhat affordable scales. I just don't think there are many that will pay this much for it at 1/2. At some point this will sell out, but there were discounts available on the regular Bats and still took a long time to sell.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #14
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

My guess is that statues like this are made more for retailers and conventions. I could see store owners buying stuff like this for displays
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:06 PM   #15
FROBAY
Phoenix

It's up. Edition size 800. LOL. About 500 to many. I doubt they sell 300
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 08:46 PM   #16
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
It's up. Edition size 800. LOL. About 500 to many. I doubt they sell 300
Agreed. If SS wants to throw up a 20% discount, I'll take one lol. No rush on my part though.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:03 PM   #17
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
Lady Maria statue from Bloodborne, which doesn't have near the popularity of most of these characters. Social media response and activity here would suggest that there's no interest, but it's one of Prime 1's best sellers.

It's just flawed logic to take the forum or social media as a major indication of interest.
EXACTLY! The forum and other social didnt talk too much about only think as beautiful but behind it for Prime1 it was huge success selling beyond expectation. Knightmare Batman all i know a lot want it not because of the movie good or bad but for the looking pretty badass. Making edition size like 300 is way too low and pretty unfair for person who cant get it anymore later on.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 11:05 PM   #18
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
My guess is that statues like this are made more for retailers and conventions. I could see store owners buying stuff like this for displays
Ohh yes saw all prime1 1/2 scale display at front of fitness gym main hobby. Pretty hilarious.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:02 AM   #19
Vader
Ghost

The mask is different
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:24 AM   #20
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Out of the BVS line, thats THREE batmans, one superman and one sill coming WONDER WOMAN. The first 2 bats were no brainers, but there is nothing special enough for me to justify spending another 2200usd or 2800cdn on this statue. 3 batmans is one to many and all it has is a trenchcoat and some goggles. Nothing special and I agree the ES is WAY too high.

I ordered the joker instead and am waiting patiently for BALE BATMAN TO GO with him. I soooooo WISH they would do a ZOD . FEORA or JOREL or even a DOOMSDAY at the point he was about to kill Superman with the bones coming out of him and starting to look like Doomsday and not LOTR CAVE TROLL. But I was told they did not have the man of steel licence and they were only doing JUSTICE LEAGUE in 1/3. Movie was so bad, they wont make a stephenwolf, to big, and no one liked him, well almost no one, my son did. ALOT of money to be a prime one customer.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote