Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-28-2014, 12:58 AM   #2171
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Well I better not see any of you hosers at the Superman vs Batman premier....
Please. They will ALL be there.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #2172
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
exactly, no reasonable person expects a 100% comic transfer on screen but I think most of us are just sick to death of directors changing things for no other reason then to change them because "I always thought this was how it was supposed to be". remember the ridiculous reasons given for why abomination didn't look like the friggin abomination in the hulk movie?
This is such an old fight

Superman destroying city blocks and killing someone has been done before in comics and cartoons, the precedence is there. What do you think happens in the cartoons when Superman throws a bad guy through a sky scrapper and it crumbles to the ground... I would say good chance there were people in there that are now dead... So yeah Superman has killed thousands over the years just based on that scenario alone

Besides I have no desire to spending lots of $$$ to see a movie based on a story I've read a thousand times in comic books.... I like it when Directors put their own twists on things... keeps it fresh....

When you have Superman as the perfect boy scout who never screws up, it is so BORING.... I loved the original Superman movie back when I was 8 years old, now I try to watch it and I just cringe at how corny it is.... I can't believe people want more of that neutered Superman crap... That's right I said Neutered

It's about time someone took Superman and gave him some freakin balls...

Just my opinion though
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:21 AM   #2173
MrYac
Hercules

it's boring to you, boring to me is the fact that everything has to be "dark & gritty" to appeal to this generation of nihilistic mopey emo people that can only equate being a good positive person as a negative and not having any "freaking balls"
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:44 AM   #2174
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
it's boring to you, boring to me is the fact that everything has to be "dark & gritty" to appeal to this generation of nihilistic mopey emo people that can only equate being a good positive person as a negative and not having any "freaking balls"
I'm sure you could petition DC to make a G rated Superman movie for ya.... Maybe they can put some musical numbers in to, have Superman and Lex sing a duet together, you know to show there's no hard feelings between them...

I'm just having some fun with ya.... will just agree to disagree on the type of Superman movies we like....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:55 AM   #2175
MrYac
Hercules

haha, to be fair I wouldn't go see any of them. I didn't see man of steel I won't be seeing batman or justice league or whatever. I just like to argue
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:55 AM   #2176
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
This is such an old fight

Superman destroying city blocks and killing someone has been done before in comics and cartoons, the precedence is there. What do you think happens in the cartoons when Superman throws a bad guy through a sky scrapper and it crumbles to the ground... I would say good chance there were people in there that are now dead... So yeah Superman has killed thousands over the years just based on that scenario alone

Besides I have no desire to spending lots of $$$ to see a movie based on a story I've read a thousand times in comic books.... I like it when Directors put their own twists on things... keeps it fresh....

When you have Superman as the perfect boy scout who never screws up, it is so BORING.... I loved the original Superman movie back when I was 8 years old, now I try to watch it and I just cringe at how corny it is.... I can't believe people want more of that neutered Superman crap... That's right I said Neutered

It's about time someone took Superman and gave him some freakin balls...

Just my opinion though
First; show me where he has willfully killed before and I give you a medal for nerdiness. And I am not talking about a videogame, a modern animated film or a graphic novel out of the DC universe continuity. You have to be more original with that answer.

Second; for someone that likes to mock comic book readers and then turns around to claim reading a story a thousand times, don't you think it is very hypocritical and self-serving of that someone? Wouldn't you consider that person also living in denial?

Third; if killing with total disregard for the consequences equates pure entertainment to you, What about goodness and high moral standards? Do you consider them BORING and antiquated? Wouldn't eliminating these be a justification to do as we pleased even in the matter of taking justice into our own hands? Would you apply the same ideology to the ethical and civil laws of our society? After all, based on your testimony they are BORING, unless you are part of the Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto neutered Generation. Yes, I said it....neutered. What else can you say about a generation that loves the adrenaline of double standards, but from the security and comfort of their living rooms.

And finally; the hardest thing in life is to stay true to your principles. It is easy to deviate just to fit in with the crowd mod mentality that permeates our everyday lives. Superhero stories stand and have always done it as a moral compas for good and evil. This is why they are so fascinating and compelling to young and older readers. Changing the essence of the stories means turning them upside down just to satisfy the morbid desires of the moment. Like I said before, it is risky business. Twisting the story does not take balls but lack of common sense.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:07 AM   #2177
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

So, the question is if Superman didn't kill Zod how could he have stopped him instead?
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 06:23 AM   #2178
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
So, the question is if Superman didn't kill Zod how could he have stopped him instead?
Good question. Has he killed Luthor, Darkseid or Doomsday? He clearly had the opportunity many times before, but he has declined to do so over and over. In my view, the Director and the screenplay writers could have chosen a different path for the end. Maybe sending Zod back to the Phantom Zone. At least, that would maintain an open door for another sequel with the villain besides a re-make.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #2179
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Please. They will ALL be there.
You bet!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:27 AM   #2180
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
exactly, no reasonable person expects a 100% comic transfer on screen but I think most of us are just sick to death of directors changing things for no other reason then to change them because "I always thought this was how it was supposed to be". remember the ridiculous reasons given for why abomination didn't look like the friggin abomination in the hulk movie?
Absofvckinglutely. Makes me so angry.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote