Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2016, 07:22 AM   #831
johnclone
The Enchantress

funny tweet!

I’m terrified, deeply disturbed, in shock, and trying to find my life again. Yes I just watched Corey Feldman’s performance on the TODAY show
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:47 AM   #832
johnclone
The Enchantress

“We just wanted to tell everybody that, like, it’s been really painful,” Feldman, 45, said of the past 24 hours since the show aired. “We put ourselves out there and we did the best that we could. And, like, I’ve never had such mean things said about me. Like constantly.” Feldman’s performance drew comments on social media as well as in the press, becoming a Facebook trending topic for most of Saturday. As the video went on, Feldman started to sob. “All we can say is that we tried really hard,” he said. “Because we love our fans and we just wanted to give them the best show that we could.

I couldn't watch the whole video of his Today show "performance" - but now I'm wondering if it really was as bad as I remember it being.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:28 PM   #833
johnclone
The Enchantress

Buy one at regular price get one at 50% off is really just 25% any item in disguise.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #834
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

It defies logic that sleeping in considered lazy while going to be early is not
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 06:17 PM   #835
johnclone
The Enchantress

REFRIGERATOR CRISIS!!!!

I opened the refrigerator to see that the main temp was 47 and the freezer temp was 9. Normal numbers are 40 and 0. I checked the food inside and it still felt cold and the frozen food was still frozen, so it seemed that this change in temperatures had happened very recently. I do have a mini fridge which I keep on hand for emergencies, so I went and got it out of storage and plugged it in.

In the meantime while waiting for the emergency fridge to cool up, I took some cardboard and swiped underneath the refrigerator several times, pulling out some lint and dog hair, but this did not seem to have any effect on the fridge which was actually still going up in temperature to about 52 in the main and 28 in the freezer! Danger Danger! That's SHTF time!

I verified that no lights were staying on when the door was closed, and that everything was closing up smoothly. There was nothing keeping the door from closing.

While I was loading up the mini fridge with what I could fit inside it, the idea occurred to me to "reboot" the refrigerator so I went and pulled the fuse that it was on, and waited a bit and pulled it back on again. This may have done the trick. The fridge was making a strange buzzing sound followed by a click when I returned to it, and after a while I did notice that the temperatures had started going back down, but very slowly, like it was one degree lower and it stayed like that for a while.

Interestingly, after an hour of keeping the doors closed I no longer heard the buzzing and clicking, I thought this might be a good sign.

My last observation while braving to open the door was freezer at 16 and main at 47. I hope this continues, really don't want to have to get this thing fixed and or replaced. I'm very glad to have the emergency fridge which appears to be running just fine.

Never underestimate the power of the reboot!
Old 10-13-2016, 05:46 PM   #836
johnclone
The Enchantress

Man Dressed as Batman Is Chasing Off Frightening Clowns in North England
Old 10-18-2016, 11:47 PM   #837
nidewetsuit
Kindly Asked To Leave

I want to eat but I'm not hungry.
A friend wants to go with me to South Korea - all expenses paid - for Christmas.
nidewetsuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:20 PM   #838
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

People will go to a further door and use that one if it is already open
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:09 AM   #839
johnclone
The Enchantress

Oh, here it is.
Old 11-24-2016, 12:13 AM   #840
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Buy one at regular price get one at 50% off is really just 25% any item in disguise.
I mentioned this today when someone said "but one get one free" and I said "so, half off?"
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote