Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 09-20-2016, 11:30 AM   #11
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Google Canadian mint. That's where I get most of my sets. Get on their email list.
Thanks for the heads up. heading over there now!

Well, I just placed an order for the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman coins. Unfortunately I didn't see the complete set with the cool storage case like you have. Thanks for the tip though as I never visit the Canadian Mint. I usually just go through APMEX, but there were quite a few coins on the Canadian Mint site that weren't on APMEX. So I definitely signed up with my email address and will definitely be keeping an eye on thier future releases.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:46 PM   #12
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Thanks for the heads up. heading over there now!

Well, I just placed an order for the Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman coins. Unfortunately I didn't see the complete set with the cool storage case like you have. Thanks for the tip though as I never visit the Canadian Mint. I usually just go through APMEX, but there were quite a few coins on the Canadian Mint site that weren't on APMEX. So I definitely signed up with my email address and will definitely be keeping an eye on thier future releases.
http://www.mint.ca/store/coins/1-oz....&#.V-HYVa2N2SM
Old 09-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #13
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Thanks, but I had already seen that one. The set I was referring to was this one:

I could only find the individual coins and from the pictures you posted I am assuming you got them as a full set with this case:

That was the set I wasn't able to track down so again, I just ordered the individual coins instead.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:40 PM   #14
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

For those interested in US silver eagles, The US Mint will be releasing the 2016-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle on September 30th. This is the 30th anniversary for the silver proof Eagle so thier doing something different this time around. Their adding lettering on the edge of the coin.

Here is a picture that shows the lettering stating "30th Anniversary"

This will be the only year this type of side lettering will be done so it will make this Eagle proof different from all of the other Eagle proofs out there. For those unaware, the proofs have a mirror finsih and come with a box and COA. Here are pictures of the front and back.

Given that this will be a unique design used for this year only, I highly recommend picking at least one of them up if your interested in proof coins. You can pre order now and they should be shipping out on September 30th. Here is the link on APMEX if your interested.

http://www.apmex.com/product/96157/2...agle-w-box-coa
Old 10-06-2016, 02:09 PM   #15
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

For anyone interested in the 5 ounce version of the America the Beautiful Quarters Program by the US Mint, they just released Theodore Roosevelt National Park.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/theodore-r...oduct-schedule
Old 10-09-2016, 01:02 PM   #16
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just stumbled on a really beautiful silver proof from Fiji. Its a 2 ounce silver coin of Captain America's shield. The fact that its 2 ounces and not 1 is a huge plus for me as I really like the larger bullion/coins. And it looks fantastic. Here are some pics:

Quote:
Each coin comes in a gorgeous black-lacquer display case made specifically for the 75th Anniversary of the shield, which first debuted alongside Cap in 1941. A shield replica is embedded into the box lid, and inside your coin is encapsulated in a domed capsule while surrounded by white satin. Includes a 2 gram Silver certificate of authenticity that is individually numbered.
I love how its shaped like his shield and not just a flat surface like you see with most coins/bullion. Its a limited edition with just 7500 being produced. I just placed my order so hopefully I should have it by next week. All in all, its one of the nicest super hero related coins I have seen to date.

Here is the link if your interested:

http://www.apmex.com/product/103180/...america-shield
Old 10-09-2016, 02:11 PM   #17
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Cool, but $200 seems steep for a 2 oz coin.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:56 AM   #18
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Cool, but $200 seems steep for a 2 oz coin.
Yeah its pricey, but its also a proof and not just a regular 2 ounce coin. 1 oz proofs usually cost about $65-$85 bucks. I have never seen a curved coin like this before. Add that to the fact that its a proof, its 2 ounces, and its limited to just 7500 pices and it was an easy buy for me. Just too unique and beautiful for me to pass it up. I can certainly see how some people would feel differently tho as $200 is definitely a bit pricey even for a 2 oz proof. $150 would be a much more reasonable price for a 2 oz proof. Fiji also has a 6 - 1 oz proof set for Civil War for $380 or you can buy the individual proofs for $65 apiece.

I have to admit, the Black Widow proof is really cool.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:53 PM   #19
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Looks like the 5 oz coins are really starting to become quite popular. The US Mint is now producing a 5 oz version of the Buffalo Nickle.

This has always been one of my favorite US coins so the fact that I can now get a 5 oz version....well, I will definitey be buying a few of these for my collection. For those interested it gets released on 1/18/17 so basically around 9 days away. Here is the link from APMEX if anyone is interested.

http://www.apmex.com/product/78586/5...-round-buffalo

Here are a few more really cool 5 oz coins available:

5 oz Silver Round - Medusa:

2016 Republic of Chad 5 oz Silver King Tut:

5 oz Silver Button - Bisbee:

5 oz Silver Proof Round - Frank Frazetta (Death Dealer):

5 oz Silver Proof Round - Frank Frazetta (The Barbarian):

5 oz Silver Proof Round - Frank Frazetta (Silver Warrior):

5 oz Silver Antique Hobo Nickel (Knight, Death and The Devil):

Old 02-09-2017, 07:23 PM   #20
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just got a nice big order in the mail today. I don't usually buy big bars like this as I prefer smaller bars like 5oz and 10oz, but I got a killer deal on these and just couldn't turn it down. The fact that they were Engelhard just made it that much harder to resist as Engelhard is definitely one of the more sought after brands when it comes to bars. They are beautiful bars, I just hate how heavy they are.

Also picked up some gold eagles from the same seller.