Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-25-2024, 04:23 PM   #91
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
i really love the pose and overall art direction of the first PCS piece. but i'm not a fan of the base and i don't appreciate the artistic interpretation taken with Pumpkinhead's appearance.

The Jerry's new Pumpkinhead is cool but i really think it's completely unnecessary that he is holding the wooden cross in his right hand, i know it's a part of the first film and the base is from that scene, i just am not crazy about that at all. This should have been a switch out option, not a primary display option with no switch outs. It seems like a giant garage kit, which i appreciate but i think it is lacking a WOW factor.

I'm on the fence with the new PCS 1:3 piece. I think it has the WOW factor, but i'm not a fan of the pose. it's not what i would want in a definitive Pumpkinhead statue. i think the best pose for display purposes is the Sideshow Maquette, then the 1:4 PCS, then Jerry's new one and finally the 1:3 PCS. but i'm sure in person the new PCS would be very impressive if i was able to walk around and appreciate it in person.
Ant said they're working on alternate display options for people who can't accommodate the depth on the new PCS 1/3.

I'm partial to the OG Sideshow/SWS version. Jerry's new sculpt/pose is cool, but I'd have liked it on a circular base like the SWS. No diorama, no uneven terrain, just a simple circle whose environment doesn't interfere with the silhouette of the subject.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 04:30 PM   #92
qz33
Doctor Doom

I love the "pointing" part of the 1/3's pose. The rest looks a bit gangly which kinda matches the movie but maybe not best in real life.

PCS needs to showcase this at a con! Want to see video!
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 04:40 PM   #93
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I agree with SHOGUN on pretty much everything above. The PCS 1/4 is actually a really great piece in person though. I know the base paint isn't great and they took some liberties with his design, but I dig it alot in my collection & wouldn't want to sell it. I got the small 1/10 from Syndicate on order just because it's more PH stuff, but not crazy about the cross either & the paint job looks bland, so a small shelf piece is all it is to me. Not going for the larger 1/4 version.

This new 1/3 is the size I really wanted, but the pose from front viewing looks like a head with legs & arms growing out of it kinda. Can't see the cool details of his chest & ribcage with the pose as much as I'd like. Would of loved to see it in a pose similar to the Stan Winston Marquette, which is the best pose for him imo.
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 05:52 PM   #94
Koffin59
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I agree with SHOGUN on pretty much everything above. The PCS 1/4 is actually a really great piece in person though. I know the base paint isn't great and they took some liberties with his design, but I dig it alot in my collection & wouldn't want to sell it. I got the small 1/10 from Syndicate on order just because it's more PH stuff, but not crazy about the cross either & the paint job looks bland, so a small shelf piece is all it is to me. Not going for the larger 1/4 version.

This new 1/3 is the size I really wanted, but the pose from front viewing looks like a head with legs & arms growing out of it kinda. Can't see the cool details of his chest & ribcage with the pose as much as I'd like. Would have loved to see it in a pose similar to the Stan Winston Marquette, which is the best pose for him imo.
Im going with syndicate 1/10 as well do to space limitation at a reasonable 11 inches high im cool with that , As far as paint applications go I’m very curious how it’llcome out?
Koffin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:11 PM   #95
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koffin59 View Post
Im going with syndicate 1/10 as well do to space limitation at a reasonable 11 inches high im cool with that , As far as paint applications go I?m very curious how it?llcome out?
Yeah 11" inches is big for a 1/10 scale piece for sure. Paint looks to be a basic economical job. It's not going to have all the pink & purple hues like this new PCS 1/3 will most likely have is my guess. For it's price point, that's what we have to expect I guess. Hopefully it's nice enough in person!
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:15 PM   #96
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I love the "pointing" part of the 1/3's pose. The rest looks a bit gangly which kinda matches the movie but maybe not best in real life.

PCS needs to showcase this at a con! Want to see video!
For sure, video can really help. I wasn't too hot on the Morrigan till they showed it at the con then it wowed me.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 06:22 PM   #97
Koffin59
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
Yeah 11" inches is big for a 1/10 scale piece for sure. Paint looks to be a basic economical job. It's not going to have all the pink & purple hues like this new PCS 1/3 will most likely have is my guess. For it's price point, that's what we have to expect I guess. Hopefully it's nice enough in person!
Yeah if the paint app is as bland looking in person I?ll just cancel my NRD from BBTS and go with sideshow 1/4 , looks like it regularly goes on sale .
Koffin59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 05:32 PM   #98
Rauko
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Might as well chime in here as I've stumbled upon this by mere coincidence on Sideshow's website.
When Casey Love was mentioned, it dawned on me what I was looking at.

As others have stated, this did indeed start as a private commission way back in 2012/2013, intended for a handful of people. Most of them wanted it as an addition to the 1/3 Cinemaquette creature lineup. In fact I was amongst these people, but the project initially went nowhere/got delayed massively and I somewhat lost sight of it. Secretly I hoped (and still do) that Steve Wang would pick this up when ECC spun off from CM, but he never did for one reason or another.
Back then nobody gave a flying about diplayability, the people involved just wanted the biggest, badest Pumpkinhead in 1/3 and the SS Maquette which also prominently featured in the Winston Effect was the obvious reference.

So, yes, I'd absolutely vouch for this having a traditional sculpting background and I'm absolutely floored to be able to add this to my 1/3 classic creature setup, albeit in a much different vein than originally intended.

From what I gather here and elsewhere, it would seem that some are also mightely ticked about this release. I can only assume what happened but hope nobody got seriously burned over this.
Rauko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2024, 07:03 PM   #99
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauko View Post
Might as well chime in here as I've stumbled upon this by mere coincidence on Sideshow's website.
When Casey Love was mentioned, it dawned on me what I was looking at.

As others have stated, this did indeed start as a private commission way back in 2012/2013, intended for a handful of people. Most of them wanted it as an addition to the 1/3 Cinemaquette creature lineup. In fact I was amongst these people, but the project initially went nowhere/got delayed massively and I somewhat lost sight of it. Secretly I hoped (and still do) that Steve Wang would pick this up when ECC spun off from CM, but he never did for one reason or another.
Back then nobody gave a flying about diplayability, the people involved just wanted the biggest, badest Pumpkinhead in 1/3 and the SS Maquette which also prominently featured in the Winston Effect was the obvious reference.

So, yes, I'd absolutely vouch for this having a traditional sculpting background and I'm absolutely floored to be able to add this to my 1/3 classic creature setup, albeit in a much different vein than originally intended.

From what I gather here and elsewhere, it would seem that some are also mightely ticked about this release. I can only assume what happened but hope nobody got seriously burned over this.
Please explain further or point to your references.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 04:16 AM   #100
Rauko
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

It all transpired on chocolatebydeath.com CM collector forum which unfortunately is now defunct.

You might want to consult Rafael Robledo Jr. about it. May shed some light.
Rauko is offline   Reply With Quote