Uncanny Inhumans(McNiven)
Old Man Logan
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:00 PM   #42
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
my guess would be a lot. speaking of covers i'm sad as I really want to own that Howling Commandoes one in all it's monstery weird glory but Schoonover seems to be a digital guy these days, and as he's the only artist listed on it i'm assuming he's the cover artist too
Yep, here we go again:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 & 2
DAN SLOTT (w) • GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (a)
CoverS by ALEX ROSS
ISSUE #1 – DESIGN VARIANT BY ALEX ROSS
COSPLAY VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
INHUMAN 50TH ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY TBA
SKETCH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS
VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
VARIANT COVER BY GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
BLANK COVER VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
VARIANT COVER BY J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
VARIANT COVER BY HUMBERTO RAMOS
HIP-HOP VARIANT COVER BY MIKE DEL MUNDO
SPIDER-MAN UNLIMITED GAME VARIANT COVER BY TBA
ISSUE #2 – KIRBY MONSTER VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:31 PM   #43
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hip-hop variant
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:18 AM   #44
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX23 View Post
No doubt, they will never stop being classics!

As for these new #1s, how many ridiculous variant covers does everyone think they will have?
Another reason I'm done - the variants have been out of control for a while now. I won't miss having to hunt down and paying secondary prices for all of the covers
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 04:40 AM   #45
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
Another reason I'm done - the variants have been out of control for a while now. I won't miss having to hunt down and paying secondary prices for all of the covers
I haven't bought a floppy in 10 years or more, but even when I was a buyer I never understood this - do you really have to hunt them all down? Can't you just get one for your collection and leave it at that? Just because they're all there doesn't mean you have to buy them all. That's collector's mentality at its worst.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:39 AM   #46
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
I haven't bought a floppy in 10 years or more, but even when I was a buyer I never understood this - do you really have to hunt them all down? Can't you just get one for your collection and leave it at that? Just because they're all there doesn't mean you have to buy them all. That's collector's mentality at its worst.
The only time I ever buy a variant is if the cover is something I truly love (which is rare). Then, to actually buy the variant, it has to be less than $10 because I just can't justify any higher. If I actually buy the variant, I usually make that my main copy as well and skip the main cover (unless it's an artist I really love their work and want their cover as well).

Variants are usually not worth the trouble and it has gotten out of control. I don't mind 1 variant here and there for titles, but when I see 10+ variants for a single issue (usually this is Marvel each time they launch a new #1) I just laugh
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:21 AM   #47
protector2814
Phoenix

I started thinking today, that Marvel never really wrapped up the maybe 3rd "big event" of the last 2 years, back with Original Sin event. I would have thought that by now, we would have resolved all the secret knowledge crap that shut-down more than a few heroes & villains in that story arc. Especially the Thor one. Now, here we go, knee-deep in Battlewoly, Secret Wars (#3), etc ...
& Original Sin threads are still blowin' in the wind.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:53 AM   #48
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
When you're a completist of a certain title - yes, you want all the covers - otherwise the collection truly isn't complete. And yes, that is collectors mentality at its worst. But it is what it is.

Like I said, I'll just be glad not to have to do it anymore.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:24 AM   #49
ALEX23
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet View Post
When you're a completist of a certain title - yes, you want all the covers - otherwise the collection truly isn't complete. And yes, that is collectors mentality at its worst. But it is what it is.

Like I said, I'll just be glad not to have to do it anymore.
Exactly! I hate being a completist sometimes. I'd try to get them all within reason, but once they go above $10 -$15 I tend to give up.

Its sad to me though that they can't sell a tittle just on its own merit and not have all these variants. I really feel like they are whats being used to prop up the market.
ALEX23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 08:37 AM   #50
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
I started thinking today, that Marvel never really wrapped up the maybe 3rd "big event" of the last 2 years, back with Original Sin event. I would have thought that by now, we would have resolved all the secret knowledge crap that shut-down more than a few heroes & villains in that story arc. Especially the Thor one. Now, here we go, knee-deep in Battlewoly, Secret Wars (#3), etc ...
& Original Sin threads are still blowin' in the wind.
I have expressed my concern about the Thor-thing in another thread, but someone said that it still would be explained. We'll just have to wait and see.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote