Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Arrow Champions League (1/4 final draw)

Quarter-final draw:
Milan v Bayern Munich
PSV Eindhoven v Liverpool
Roma v Manchester United
Chelsea v Valencia

Ties to be played on 3/4 April and 10/11 April.

Semi-final draw:
Chelsea or Valencia v PSV Eindhoven or Liverpool
Roma or Manchester United v Milan or Bayern Munich

Ties to be played on 24/25 April and 1/2 May.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Bulls,

This is an interesting draw. All the English teams kept seperate so far. What's your prediction for the final?
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

I was hoping for 5 British quarter-finalists (so very close we were too!), and 4 in the semis, but I'm delighted our teams were drawn apart. I would expect all three to progress, but I agree with Alex Ferguson (for once) - there is no outstanding team in that line-up. Liverpool seem phenomenally well-constructed for European football, and will take some beating. However, I think it works against them to have one of the weaker teams. I think they play their best football when punching above their weight. I would love to see Gerrard and Carragher get their hands on the trophy again, but would also be delighted if Mourinho won too. What odds would you get on the same two teams (United and Chelsea) in both the FA Cup and Champions League finals?
JDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief View Post
I was hoping for 5 British quarter-finalists (so very close we were too!), and 4 in the semis, but I'm delighted our teams were drawn apart. I would expect all three to progress, but I agree with Alex Ferguson (for once) - there is no outstanding team in that line-up. Liverpool seem phenomenally well-constructed for European football, and will take some beating. However, I think it works against them to have one of the weaker teams. I think they play their best football when punching above their weight. I would love to see Gerrard and Carragher get their hands on the trophy again, but would also be delighted if Mourinho won too. What odds would you get on the same two teams (United and Chelsea) in both the FA Cup and Champions League finals?
JDH,

I thought Fergie was right all the time.

I wouldn't be at all surprised it there was an all English final but interesting thought about the same finalists in the FA Cup. I personally hope Liverpol and Chelsea get knocked out in the next round and Man U can play a true European team in the final. Actually stcratch that. As long as Chelsea tank I don't really care who Man U plays in the final.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #5
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneeukca View Post
JDH,

I thought Fergie was right all the time.

I wouldn't be at all surprised it there was an all English final but interesting thought about the same finalists in the FA Cup. I personally hope Liverpol and Chelsea get knocked out in the next round and Man U can play a true European team in the final. Actually stcratch that. As long as Chelsea tank I don't really care who Man U plays in the final.
I'm going to stick my neck out and guess you're a City fan...

Last edited by JDH; 03-09-2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:14 AM   #6
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Being a Liverpool fan of course i want us to win but i think United got the easier semi-final draw. I think Munich will come through, I think United will win and I think Valencia might just beat Chelsea. The Liverpool PSV game is too close to call but i hope Liverpool win and beat United in the Final.

Last edited by Bullseye; 03-09-2007 at 10:35 AM.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:17 AM   #7
JDH
Agent of H.A.M.M.E.R.
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Being a Liverpool fan of course i want us to win but i tink United got the easier semi-final draw. I think Munich will come through, I think United will win and I think Valencia might just beat Chelsea. The Liverpool PSV game is too close to call but i hope Liverpool win and beat United in the Final.
It's come to something in European football when you can rightly consider AC Milan or Bayern Munich the easy semi!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #8
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Well AC Milan are not as good as 2005. I don't rate the German league that highly but I guess Bayern could easily upset anyone on their day and would certainly be looking for revenge over United. Now if it is Liverpool and Bayern in the final someone is going to be six times European champions
Old 03-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #9
Johnneeukca
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh.goodgrief View Post
I'm going to stick my neck out and guess you're a City fan...
Red through and through my friend. And actually from Manchester. Now would you credit that!

Bulls, did you catch the League game last weekend? I'll admit that Man U were definitely lucky there (Fergie said so, so like I say, it has to be true). If it is a L'pool and Man U final it's gonna be a scorcher. I just hope no ugly injuries mar it.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I don't think there have been any illtemptered games between Liverpool and United in years. Relations between Fergie and Raffa seem to be quite good. But you can be sure this would be some grudge match between the fans. I don't think there is a bigger club match in the World with the exception of Real and Barca.