Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-07-2022, 04:40 PM   #271
Peedi
The Secret Six

One day Divo will realize his opinions aren’t facts for other people instead of going into tirades expressing his feelings as if everyone should feel the same way and insulting whoever disagrees.

I don’t know if it’s intentional trolling or really believing your opinion is anything other than an opinion.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:43 PM   #272
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Don't worry, by the time sideshow botches the paint, we'll all wish she looked like that
generalszabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:31 AM   #273
French Cancan
Deadman

I WANT A VENUS, AN APHRODITE!

POUF

I WANT A SOLAR BEAUTY, EVEN IN RAINY WEATHER

POUF POUF

I WANT THE QUINTESSENCE OF EXQUISITE FEMINITY

POUF POUF POUF

Ok, thank you Merlin, nice try.
You are fired.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 09:57 AM   #274
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
Don't worry, by the time sideshow botches the paint, we'll all wish she looked like that
Lol, this might happen. Maybe the factory changes it for the better.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 11:48 AM   #275
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
One day Divo will realize his opinions aren?t facts for other people instead of going into tirades expressing his feelings as if everyone should feel the same way and insulting whoever disagrees.

I don?t know if it?s intentional trolling or really believing your opinion is anything other than an opinion.
Yeah, that last post of his was kind of disturbing...lol.

Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 08:59 AM   #276
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaerius View Post
I said none of that and made no such connotation. You are free, however, to interpret my small comment in any way that works for you. I really don't understand all the ranting and raving you are doing over absolutely nothing. My feeling towards a portrait should not threaten your own opinion of the portrait. Love it if you love it and if others don't agree with your perception of beauty then understand that is perfectly okay. As well, I'm sure you are aware that your stated "statistics" do not actually translate to reality but I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the matter.

So, still a limp banana for this Zatanna?

But seriously, you can reject anything you want, but your "little" comment was posted with bells, banners, bombastic, as if you were running for office. Or worse, coming off as a bible thumper preaching gospel, when most of this flock has already walked, and are probably somewhere jerking-off! What more can I say, where you see MJ, I see BJ in wonderful/magical ways.

And if you find my comments are a little too crude, well what the hell did you expect(?), as I'm just another polystone fool, collecting dude.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 09:59 AM   #277
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:13 AM   #278
Augen
Metal Men

I think it is a nice statue, I look forward to seeing how it manages without leaning.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 10:14 AM   #279
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
One day Divo will realize his opinions aren?t facts for other people instead of going into tirades expressing his feelings as if everyone should feel the same way and insulting whoever disagrees.

I don?t know if it?s intentional trolling or really believing your opinion is anything other than an opinion.

Opinions? What you don't understand Peedi is my "opinions" are more like convictions, I only comment on works I buy, or ones where I wish I could buy. As for insulting(?), here is what I find insulting.

- The constantly fretful bunch, who always seem to have the inside hunch, of a non-existent leaning crunch to come. But it never does. That's insulting.

- The Bowen brats, who still think that's where it's at, & constantly try to remind & convince us at the drop of a hat. Every chance they get. It's dead. Get it through your heads. That's insulting.

- The Anatomy butchers, who sadly/comically/painfully don't seem to know arse from elbow, but spout-off the loudest & the longest, trashing beautiful anatomy/movement, even after pointing out the obvious by sculptors, body builders, artists, pics as proof, & of course all to no avail, but what the hell? That's insulting.

- The Older Collecting Clowns, who constantly bless us with their self righteous, disapproving collecting frowns, every time they are confronted with Sideshow's new and improved, in hopes of convincing themselves that their older sh!t is still the it? But tumbling market value for a lot of the older sh!t does not support this old school fanboy bulls!t. That's insulting.

- The Truly Fcking Strange, who actually trash Sideshow at every turn, swear to Jesus to never, ever buy Sideshow crap, & yet haunt SS threads, on a daily basis! Not only insulting, but unnerving.

- Then, we have the truly special crew, but thankfully just a dastardly few. These are the freaks who relentlessly trash a Sideshow work, from the very start of course. Obsessively continue the attack, & don't let up until it's release, say 6 months to a year? Then, miraculously, these haters finally make some weird self-peace, & quietly/at times hypocritically, go out and snatch the piece! That's insulting,.........to all.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 11:45 AM   #280
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Whoa - insulting those who appreciate Bowen is insulting. That man and his love of Marvel allowed collectors to build full teams. He allowed collectors to get characters in many iterations of their outfits. He did B-D list characters. No other company is going to dare take that plunge now. I don't think anybody goes on and on about how Bowen is going to come back. He's not. But he made quite a big impact on statue collecting and showed what could be done when a creator is passionate about a license and the craft.

So as you say, my Bowen enjoyment is not an "opinion" it is a conviction. To which we are all allowed to have.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote