Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-04-2018, 02:53 PM   #631
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
At the moment, I'm a bit nervous about keeping my PO for the Sideshow Wolvie. This one might blow it out of the water.
Not worth twice the price.
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #632
WolverineFan
I am da law!

Quote:
At the moment, I'm a bit nervous about keeping my PO for the Sideshow Wolvie. This one might blow it out of the water.
Get both. Two completely different outfits and bases. That’s what I’m doing but I’m a huge Wolvie fan as you can guess lol
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 03:23 PM   #633
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
Get both. Two completely different outfits and bases. That’s what I’m doing but I’m a huge Wolvie fan as you can guess lol

statue for statue, price not taken into consideration i think this one edges out the new pf - and i say that as someone who loves the new pf. this has more to look at, more switch outs and i think on its own probably more presence

but i agree with my wolvie bro, the easy solution is to go for both
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:31 PM   #634
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

And the base is exact replica of samurai Batman by XM which I don’t want. His bone claws make zero sense as they were not revealed during this time frame of suit. It will be good quality piece no paint issues that’s for sure but blowing it out of water I don’t know. I own and love XM felt PF looked better imo .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 04:48 PM   #635
goto
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
And the base is exact replica of samurai Batman by XM which I don’t want. .
It is a question of taste,i like it and the base is not exact the same.
XM is not so stupid to go on risk with same base,the swords,the golden fish and other aplications make it different.
goto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:40 PM   #636
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
And the base is exact replica of samurai Batman by XM which I don’t want.
How can his base be a replica if it was there before someone started to think about the Batman Rising Sun line?
GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #637
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
And the base is exact replica of samurai Batman by XM which I don’t want. His bone claws make zero sense as they were not revealed during this time frame of suit. It will be good quality piece no paint issues that’s for sure but blowing it out of water I don’t know. I own and love XM felt PF looked better imo .

The base looks plenty different to me, it's just a Japanese theme, some similarities are unavoidable. I don't understand the complaints of the bone claws. You don't have to use them, the metal claws are there, so what gives. I personally think it's awesome they added those, it's just another bonus switchout. The PF is awful compared to this I'm sorry, the sculpt is not even on the same level technically speaking.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:04 PM   #638
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Sorry to ruffle the feathers . He’s Canadian not Japanese so I don’t care for his connection to Mariko ( love interest ). I liked SS idea of keeping him low on ground so you can get a feel for his true size which is small like 5’6” tall. Putting him on top of Japanese roof didn’t work with me. Swords are cool looking but why? He’s Wolverine with adamantium claws??? Again bone claws don’t work for me either. Just my opinion
Old 05-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #639
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:

Nervous? Blown out of the water? I truly doubt it. Hang in there, and you surely won’t regret it, as SS Wolverine will hold it’s own for many years to come.

Now, XM Brn looks killer, and also an instant classic. If it’s a question of getting one or the other(?), your call. But as some have said, the ideal would be to get both, but either way, you can’t lose.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 06:11 PM   #640
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

BTW don’t tell me the base for Brown Wolverine is not almost identical to Samurai Batman folks. That’s just silly: