Statue Forum 




XM Studios




StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #151
Shanesg
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
 
Shanesg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 4,646
I think the current best looking Ryu statue available is the V-trigger Ryu. I passed because it's 1/6, but I'm still very tempted to pick one up just because it looks so awesome.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 09:35 AM   #152
jadekite22
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
jadekite22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I think the current best looking Ryu statue available is the V-trigger Ryu. I passed because it's 1/6, but I'm still very tempted to pick one up just because it looks so awesome.
I feel the same about that V-trigger Chun Li (might be a toss-up between that and the Tsume one.)
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:19 PM   #153
Gyro Zeppeli
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?
 
Gyro Zeppeli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
One of their biggest advantages with the Arkham line was printing from the game files.
I hope that allows them to produce accurate statues quickly.
The difference though is SFV and IV are butt ugly games. The anatomy on the characters looks horrendous outside of in motion. Just look at Laura hands and feet and you'll lose your lunch immediately
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:45 PM   #154
VindictvePotato
A closed mouth gathers no foot.
 
VindictvePotato's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: 'Murica
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I think the current best looking Ryu statue available is the V-trigger Ryu. I passed because it's 1/6, but I'm still very tempted to pick one up just because it looks so awesome.

What do you think of the kinetiquette's 1/4 ryu (beast unleashed)
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #155
Guilty
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
 
Guilty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
The difference though is SFV and IV are butt ugly games. The anatomy on the characters looks horrendous outside of in motion. Just look at Laura hands and feet and you'll lose your lunch immediately
While you're free to have your opinion on that, the statue models wouldn't necessarily be a 1:1 conversion job. There would be some things cleaned, resculpted, and changed.

I actually thought it was the opposite and that SFV has some outstanding models. Some characters are weaker than others though..

Namely, Zangief's and Juri's SFV models are great.
Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:20 PM   #156
ukshaun
What is a free gift? Aren't all gifts free?
 
ukshaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 1,766
How long before some form of SF preview arrives?
I remember sometime ago reading Prime 1 had a Ghost in the Shell license. Since then, no news as far as i know.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #157
ZenLogikos
I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.
 
ZenLogikos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
How long before some form of SF preview arrives?
I remember sometime ago reading Prime 1 had a Ghost in the Shell license. Since then, no news as far as i know.
Probably no telling when. Prime 1 has the license for just about all of God's creation, and sneaks appear for some sooner than others.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 03:48 PM   #158
qz33
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 7,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
The difference though is SFV and IV are butt ugly games. The anatomy on the characters looks horrendous outside of in motion. Just look at Laura hands and feet and you'll lose your lunch immediately
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilty View Post
While you're free to have your opinion on that, the statue models wouldn't necessarily be a 1:1 conversion job. There would be some things cleaned, resculpted, and changed.

I actually thought it was the opposite and that SFV has some outstanding models. Some characters are weaker than others though..

Namely, Zangief's and Juri's SFV models are great.
Maybe it would depend on the asset. Maybe Prime1 would have access to the cut scene renders as well.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:42 PM   #159
Comicbookguy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 12,190
What scale will these be? Any confirmation? Hoping 1/4 like the rest of the anime lines.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 01:00 PM   #160
Old Snake
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
The difference though is SFV and IV are butt ugly games. The anatomy on the characters looks horrendous outside of in motion. Just look at Laura hands and feet and you'll lose your lunch immediately
Yeah, this is why I prefer the interpretive takes in the PCS 1:3 line, versus their 1/4 lines. I'd rather that P1 takes their time to devise their own style.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com