Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 01-26-2020, 07:24 PM   #381
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchicco2 View Post
I don't like that the bridges have a different color
What's your opinion ?
The bridges in the photos so far are just unpainted prototypes ones they had as the actual bases were being painted up. Unsure if they will be different colors but they certainly won't be like that.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:24 PM   #382
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
What's your opinion ?
No painted bridges have been shown yet so impossible to form an opinion...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:25 PM   #383
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool1sky View Post
I like the softness of her facial features. Cammy is supposed to be cute. The hair strands are fine I genuinely don’t see any issue with the amount of striations.....
It’s definitely better than the other 1:3 street fighter faces.
You don't have to have soft features to be cute, and Cammy is a fighter and she's pretty lean. Even her ass while ample is still pretty taught with some muscularity (unlike the bubble here)

If you like it you like it, everyone has their own opinion. For me easily the worst 1:3 face to date, and overall.
Old 01-26-2020, 07:26 PM   #384
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
What's your opinion ?
Wait a week for the full unveil. The bases are unpainted.
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #385
jac1066
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
You don't have to have soft features to be cute, and Cammy is a fighter and she's pretty lean. Even her ass while ample is still pretty taught with some muscularity (unlike the bubble here)

If you like it you like it, everyone has their own opinion. For me easily the worst 1:3 face to date, and overall.
I don't this the portrait is "soft", it's cartoony, not very realistic. it doesn't have that hyper realistic look we have grown accustom to seeing from statue manufacturers like sideshow and prime one. Yes PCS could have done more, it's always going to be subjective.

Personally i'm down for something more like this.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/DY2V9
jac1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 07:40 PM   #386
dao2
Cyclops

I would prefer the current one to that :P

edit: To expand the features definitely are soft instead of sharp imo. All round edges where there should be some harder edges. Even decapre's mask which is supposed to have hard angles is smoothed out! And I'm not looking for realistic. SF has a very anime look to it, especially the older more beloved games and the artwork and I want that. This decapre figures doesn't look realistic to me but it looks great, and even for it's small size has nice details and sharp features

Not really used to anything that great from SS :P As for prime 1 their SF statues don't wow me at all. Ryu looks a lot more western looking which it sounds like is your preference but I doesn't look like the ryu I know. I'm not much of a ryu fan though, but it certainly doesn't wow me. I don't like Akumas new look so their akuma is already a hard sell, and the base looks cool but the way he's standing on it doesn't to me, adding to that there his legs and especially feet just look weird as hell. The only one that impressed me was Ken which looked amazing, but I'm not really a big ken fan either.

I've been plenty happy with the past 1:3 SF statues and I am eagerly awaiting my Sagat EVO set as he looks awesome. For this one though I think it's their weakest one yet. I've always ordered the full set of every 1:3 in the past, but unless it's very reasonably priced I don't see myself doing that for Cammy here. Make that MM a bit tighter and thinner (or don't use it for this as I know that's hard) and fix up the face with some more details and some actual edges instead of smoothing everywhere and this piece would look a lot better to me.
Old 01-26-2020, 08:05 PM   #387
cool1sky
Fantastic Four

Big NO on that jac

To each their own. This looks fantastic. My excitement has been reinvigorated. The best of the 1:3 easily.
cool1sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:59 PM   #388
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I'm not a fan of the face so far either. Maybe other shots will be more flattering for it.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:41 AM   #389
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah face is off for sure.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 04:45 AM   #390
ukshaun
Hercules

It's obvious, no more changes are going to happen, other than what the factory changes - paint color for example. PCS are close to pre_order time. Red beret Cammy works best, as it hides her lack of head height, made more prominent by the other two.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote